Chapter 21

Peter's grasp on your waist released momentarily before it tightened once again, his left arm moving from your waist to the small of your back. As your shock dissipated, you moved your arms to wrap them around his neck, your right hand snaking up from his neck to run through his hair. Peter attempted to deepen this kiss by pulling your body closer to him, forcing you to stand on the tip of your toes. It felt like an eternity before you parted.

Without even having to look you knew that the team had left the room, leaving you and Peter all alone. You leaned back from standing on your toes, and placed your head on your husband's chest, who instinctively moved one arm to wrap around your back and hold the back of your head.

"You know what I just remembered?" You murmured.

"Hm?" Peter's chest vibrated as he hummed, too caught in the moment the two of you were sharing to provide a proper response.
"Our first kiss..." you trailed off. Peter groaned loudly and let his head drop to rest on your shoulder.

"No... please, honey... I love you but don't remind me of that." He pleaded, his face already turning red from embarrassment.

~Flashback~

Y/n leaned down to attempt to plant a kiss on his cheek, however, Peter sensed her presence and turned to her, unaware of her intentions. Not even a second after their lips had met, Y/n jumped back. Y/n hid her face with her hands, obviously embarrassed. From what Peter could see of Y/n's face, she was blushing as red as a tomato.

"Y/n?"

"Forget everything that just happened!" She pleaded, voice muffled against her palms. A sweet smile grows on Peter's lips, finding y/n's behavior incredibly adorable.

"Never..." he whispered as he took a step forward, reaching his hand out to caress his girlfriend's cheek. Y/n freezes at the feeling of Peter's fingertips hovering over her jawline. He slides his hand down to hook his finger under her chin, tilting her head up to force her to look at him.

"Y/n... I..." he goes silent as she finally removes her hands from her face. His eyes flutter shut as he slowly begins to lean closer to her.
Before their lips even met, Peter's mind and heart were overcome with fireworks, preventing him from hearing Y/n's ringtone. So caught in the moment, he never noticed her obliviously turn from his grip as she reached for her phone.

With the sudden shift of balance, and with him already leaning forward, Peter came crashing to the floor with a loud thump. Y/n spun around, startled by the noise.

"U-um... yes sir..." she stuttered to the person on the other end of The phone call before she hung up.Her eyes were wide as she stared at her boyfriend who lay pathetically on the floor.