Chapter 17

I helped my husband unbuckle and remove the children from their booster seats in the car. As soon as O/D/N was out and standing outside the car patiently, I moved to pick up S/n while Peter picked up D/n. I placed S/n on my hip and stepped back to close the car door. I watched Peter place D/n on the ground so she and her sister could skip ahead of us towards the entrance of Avengers Tower. I smiled gratefully at Peter as he held the door open for me.

The five of us passed by the secretary at the entrance, greeting her kindly before we climbed into the elevator. Less than a minute later the elevator let out a ding and the doors slid open. Peter moved to stand in between the elevator doors to keep them open as the rest of us exited. We rounded the corner to find the avengers making conversation in the living room. Upon our entry, all attention turned to us. Tony got to his feet, grinning widely, and strode towards our family.

"Glad you could make it." Tony whispered in my ear as he gave me a side hug. Tony then quickly turned his attention to S/n who was still in my arms, sitting on my hip. "Hey little dude!" Tony said to the child in a friendly voice, making S/n giggle and reach towards Tony, signalling he wanted to be passed into his arms. I chuckled and glady handed the five year old to Tony. As soon as my hands were free I moved around the room to greet everyone else. Eventually I found myself standing next to my husband again, making conversation with Steve.

"Haven't seen you two in a while, how are the kids?" Steve asked. Before I responded, I took a quick glance at my three children who were sitting on the floor, bonding with Clint's kids; Lila, Cooper, and Nathaniel.

"S/n is about to start kindergarten." I hummed with out much thought, prompting Peter to speak on my behalf.

"They are all growing up too fast. S/n will be in kindergarten, D/n will be in first grade, and O/D/N will be in third. I could have sworn that O/D/N was asking us how to spell cat yesterday!" Peter expressed his frustration.

Steve laughed in response. "I don't what I'm going to do when O/D/N hits high school. I'll have to start preparing my speech for her to avoid boys." Steve spoke. Just at the thought of O/D/N being in high school made me wish I could make them drink from the fountain of youth. I felt Peter place an arm on my shoulders, to which I leaned into his touch.

"Mr. Rogers, please don't even say that. I don't even want to think of boys looking at my little girl like that." Peter said with a grin. I turned to my husband with a smirk.

"You mean like how you used to stare at Gwen?" I tease him with a raised eyebrow. Peter groans and his arms fall off my shoulders.

"Y/nnnnnn!" Peter whined. "Just wipe that from your memory! I was a dumb kid!" Peter pouted as he placed his face in his hands. Steve took this as his cue to walk away. I laugh at my husband's embarrassment and wrap my arms around his neck. He slowly removes his hands from his face to give me a pout look and adorable puppy dog eyes. "I only liked her because I thought you were out of my league." He whispered, making my smirk melt into a soft smile.

"I don't understand why." I murmured. Peter wrapped his arms around my waist and I leaned forward to rest my forehead against his. I closed my eyes and let myself relax in his arms until we were both called to the dining table by Tony. Hand in hand, Peter and I approached the table and took a seat next to each other. All of the adults sat at this table while the kids ate their lunches at the coffee table less than ten feet away.

All of us were seated and were about to dig into lunch, but we were interrupted by an elevator ding, followed by the sound of shouting.