Part 9

Onyx, Peridot, Lapis, and the rest of the Crystal Gems are lined up outside with various clothing on to cover their gems.

Steven begins to explain baseball to everyone. After he's done the Rubies still look a little confused, however, they seem excited to play.

"We're the Humans! Steven!" Steven shouts. "Earl!" Pearl says enthusiastically. "Amy!" Amethyst zealously says her made-up name.

"Bob." Lapis says nonchalantly. "Oreo." Onyx rolls his eyes at the name Steven gave him. "and Sophie." Sapphire finishes. 

Onyx tunes the Rubies out and looks to Lapis. She raises an eyebrow at him as he chuckles. "Nice hat." He muses.

Lapis rolls her eyes. For a while, the game goes on with Ruby fawning over Sapphire and accidentally almost winning the game for Sapphire.

 "What's going on? What are they doing?" Steven questions. "Flirting." Lapis mutters. Steven puts Onyx and Lapis together on the outfield.

"What's flirting?" Onyx turns to Lapis. "Uh, you know when you, uh." Lapis begins to stutter. 

"Nevermind." Onyx darts away from Lapis to catch a fly ball. Steven sweats nervously as Onyx tosses the ball to him.

"Alright, it's the bottom of the ninth. We've got Lapis on second, but one more out and the game's over for us. We need a home run."

Steven looks to see Ruby still flirting with Sapphire. "Wait! I call a timeout." He rushes over to them.

Onyx walks to Pearl. "Pearl." She hums in response. "What's flirting?" Pearl smiles always happy to teach someone something.

"Flirting is when one person attempts or leads on that they are attracted to the other person in a joking manner. Usually to get a reaction and not for serious infatuation. Why do you ask?"

Onyx shrugs. "Lapis said it and then began to act weird after I asked her about it." This made Pearl smirk.

Steven runs back as the match continues. Sapphire swings and misses. "Strike one!" The lead Ruby shouts.

Everyone sits on edge as the second ball is pitched. Sapphire swings and misses yet again. "Strike two!"

She looks to the group as everyone nods in encouragement. Sapphire smiles and keeps her eye on the ball. 

The lead Ruby lights the ball on fire and throws it. Sapphire hits the ball as she struggles to bat it.

The baseball bat freezes as she screams and sends the ball flying. Everyone cheers Sapphire on as she runs through all the bases.

Ruby and Sapphire run into each other to hug and fuse together into one happy Garnet. "Whoops."

The Earth Gems quickly summon weapons and take fighting stances. "They're gems!" The lead Ruby shouts.

"We've been tricked!" The Ruby with her gem on her arm says angrily. "What a turn of events." Another says calmly.

"Sorry guys. Game's over." Garnet summons her gauntlets. "That's it! RUBIES! Combine!" The leader shouts.

The homeworld Rubies fuse together into a giant. Onyx steps out from behind the other gems. "Rubies. By order of the Diamonds, I command you to leave this planet." He points his scythe toward them as Ares roars a tiny roar.

The Rubies roar back. "Another traitor!" Onyx steps back and looks at Steven. "Well, I've done all I can do." He deadpans.

"WAIIIIT!" Peridot calls out as she sprints from the barn, like a dog. "Wait stop don't hurt them. Oof." She falls on her face.