Part 2

"Ugh. Now we have three gems to find and bubble." Pearl complains as Steven walks toward the door. "I'm gonna go get donuts... You guys want anything?" No one replies. "Okay..." "Be careful!" Pearl shouts after him.

Steven closes the door and begins to walk toward the Big Donut. 'I guess everyone is on edge from the invasion.' As Steven absentmindedly rounds the corner toward Beach City, a hand grabs his wrist and runs with him inhumanly fast.

Steven spins around dizzily. He stops, revealing Onyx from a few days ago. "Steven." "Ahh! It's you!" Steven summons a bubble around himself. Onyx takes a step closer.

"It's OK, Steven. I want to help you and the Crystal Gems find Lapis and... Jasper." He spits her name out with venom.

"R-Really?" Steven seems starstruck, his bubble quickly disappearing. "Let's go to the temple, uh-!?" Steven pauses, asking his name. "Onyx." "Come on, Onyx!" Steven runs to the temple with Onyx following.

-Timeskip-

Steven and Onyx walk into the temple to find three gems brainstorming ideas in the kitchen. "Oh hey, Steven- WHA!" Pearl shouts and summons her spear. Amethyst summons her whip jumping off the counter. Onyx raises his hands.

"I mean no harm. I want to help find Lapis; please let me help." He begs, aiming it toward Garnet.

Garnet simply nods. "Wha-?" Pearl dumbfoundedly looks at Garnet. "But-But he's the enemy!" She shouts. "I don't see any possibility that he becomes a threat. Steven. You are to keep a watch on him. If anything happens, call me." Steven nods.

Garnet walks toward the back of the temple and opens her door, with an angry Pearl following. Onyx focuses on the Amethyst sitting on the counter eating. Onyx recoils with every bite. Amethyst gives a small smirk, nodding her head upward.

"Welcome the the fam, dude." She retreats to her room, leaving just Steven and Onyx. "I guess I should teach you some stuff about earth, huh?" 

"What is there to know?" Onyx tilts his head.

"Well,-" 

-Timeskip-

"So this is a TV?" Onyx points toward the small screen. Steven nods.

"We can watch all sorts of entertaining stuff on it! Like my favorite cartoon!" He hits a button on the remote and the TV lights up. 

"Tears of sorrow, tears of joy
There'll be tears to the very end
Food with feelings:
Crying Breakfast Friends!"

The songs intro finishes and several breakfast items begin crying. "Why is water coming from their eyes?" Onyx asks.

"It's called crying, it's something you do when you are sad or upset." Steven shrugs, paying close attention to the TV. 

"I know what crying is, but why is food doing it? It's frowned upon to show so much emotion on Homeworld." Onyx looks at Steven. Steven seems taken aback by the statement.

After a moment he answers. "Really? Why is it so bad to cry? Sometimes you just have to get it out." Onyx looks back at the TV. "If any gem on homeworld was seen doing that-" Onyx points at the apple crying and rolling around on the floor. "They would be shattered."

"F-For crying?" Onyx nods nonchalantly. "Wow..." Steven spaces out.

-Timeskip-

Steven yawns. "Well, It's time for me to get some shut eye." He looks at Onyx who's tilting his head. "You know? Sleep?" He shakes his head. "What is sleep?" Onyx seems dumbfounded at the word.

"It's where you shut your eyes, like this-" Steven closes his eyes. "-and then you just think about nothing and, fall, asleep... *snore*" Steven passes out. "Interesting." Onyx walks out the screen door looking up toward the moon. "This planet is so strange." 

'Where are you Lapis?'

-Timeskip-

Steven yawns as he awakens from his sleep. Opening his eyes, he sees Onyx sitting on the sofa looking through a magazine.

Steven steps down the stairs and slowly walks to the kitchen. "Hello, Steven. How was your sleep?" Onyx sets the magazine back on the coffee table.

 "It was good... real good." Steven yawns. He lazily makes a bowl of cereal and walks back up to his bed. The warp pad lights up revealing Garnet. "Garnet!" Steven seems energized by her warping in. "Are we gonna fold my laundry today?" Garnet nods.

Onyx seems confused by the question. "What is laundry?" He taps Stevens' shoulder. "Oh, it's my clothes!" He pulls his shirt a little closer, showing off the star on it. "They have to be washed and folded."

"Aren't they part of your projected body?" Onyx looks at the gem tucked into Steven's navel. Garnet walks into the inner temple to retrieve the other gems. "I-uh, I'm not a projection. I'm all flesh!" Steven flashes a smile, causing Onyx to chuckle at his enthusiasm.

"I would like to thank you Steven. You've helped me learn a lot. I thought I had this planet figured out a long time ago." Onyx glances toward the windows. "No prob, bob. That's the great thing about earth, it's always changing." Steven stares out the window at the seaside view.

Garnet, pearl, and amethyst emerge from the inner temple. "Crystal gem meeting. You too, Onyx." "How did you know my..." Onyx is cut off by Garnet lowering her glasses a little to show one of her eyes.

"Future vision. There was a future where I asked your name. Now let's get this laundry folded." Garnet grabs a load of Steven's shirts from the closet.