Part 1

If this song doesn't describe Lapis perfectly, I don't know what does.

"Jasper, when will we arrive?" Onyx mutters, his face hidden by a black hood. "We'll be there when we're there. Keep an eye on her. I'm gonna go tell Peridot to speed it up." Jasper growls as she stomps out of the room, leaving Onyx and Lapis alone.

"I apologize for this. You know, bringing you back." Onyx raises his head to look at Lapis, her hair hiding her eyes. "You have to speak to me sometime, you know?" He takes a deep breath, trying to remove the tension.

"It's not your fault. It's Peridot's." Lapis's comment makes Onyx smile, knowing she doesn't blame him.

"We'll be there soon. Do you have any helpful information?" She shakes her head obviously not wanting to talk. "Whatever." Onyx lowers the hood on his cape and the gem on his forehead lights up, causing a mirror image of himself to appear. "Keep Lapis company." The image nods and Onyx moves to join Jasper.

Onyx enters the control room as the ship turns to block cannon fire. "How primitive." Peridot mutters. "Seems she's still using the same weapons." Onyx whispers to himself, the image of Rose Quartz burned into his mind.

The ship touches down on the beach, Onyx's clone bringing Lapis to the three of them. Peridot angrily stomps out of the ship, pointing toward the group of gems. "That's them, all right. They're the ones who keep breaking my machines."

"This is it?" Jasper scoffs. "Jasper! They keep interfering with my work!" Peridot cries out. 

She sighs, "Looks like another waste of my time. Hey, get over here!" Jasper reaches toward Lapis, but her wrist is quickly caught. "She isn't the enemy, Jasper. Remember yourself." Jasper growls at Onyx's comment but turns back to the Crystal Gems.

"This their base?" Jasper looks over her shoulder to Lapis. She nods and grumbles a low yes. The four leap off the finger and down to the sand. Lapis stumbles but is caught by Onyx. "Take your time." He whispers.

Onyx blocks out Jasper's yammering and examines the Crystal Gems. The human appears to be a little frightened. The Fusion has no expression, while the Amethyst has a look of hate. The Pearl appears confident, but her face betrays fear. Strangely, no Rose Quartz.

Lapis's cries shake Onyx from his thoughts. "He's just a human! He isn't a threat at all! He's not one of them!" Jasper rolls her eyes. "You don't need me for this; just blast them with the ship." Peridot mutters, "Fine." and brings up a display with her fingers.

"Stop. Allow me to speak with them." Onyx stops Peridot and turns to Jasper. "What? You aren't the leader of this mission. No talking. Blast them." Peridot continues her launch.

"No. I am to gather information. I can't gather anything if they're shattered." Jasper groans at the persistence. She makes a gesture toward the Crystal Gems, causing Y/N to smirk.

They quickly raise their weapons as Onyx raises his hands in surrender. "Easy. I'm only here to talk." The Crystal Gems remain on alert, with Steven stepping forward. "Let Lapis go!" He shouts, trying his best to be intimidating.

"She is under my care, little one. Where is Rose Quartz?" Onyx turns to Garnet, the obvious leader. The mention of her name driving Pearl into a rage, she charges at Onyx with her spear. 

Onyx raises his arm, catching the spear between his chest and arm. He kicks Pearl backward, disarming her. "I only came to talk." He snaps the weapon in half, making it phase out of existence.

Pearl rolls backwards, sliding between Garnet and Steven. Her gaze narrows at Onyx. "No? I was hoping we could reach a peaceful resolution. Steven?" Onyx calls toward the small human.

"Lapis is very concerned with your safety. You should leave. To the rest of you, I'm sorry we couldn't figure something out." Onyx turns and begins to walk back to his party of gems.

"Psh. You're weak. Just blast them already." Jasper commands as Peridot readies the attack again. The ship makes a finger gun and charges up. After a heated discussion, Steven runs at the beam and shouts, "I'm a Crystal Gem too!"

As the dust clears, a large pink shield is left with all the Crystal Gems safe behind it. "That shield! That symbol!" Jasper shouts. Steven collapses onto the floor, breathing heavily. "You! You have the power of Rose Quartz!" Jasper seems shocked.

"Now do you believe I needed an escort!?" Peridot remarks getting a look from Jasper. "Fire a barrage! Widespread!" Peridot pulls her screen back up and shoots the ship again. Garnet grabs Steven and dodges the fire. Pearl and Amethyst are caught in the explosion.

Jasper approaches Garnet, ripping Steven from her arms. "Rose, why do you look like that? Why are you so weak?" Jasper asks, almost angrily. "Don't hurt him!" Lapis pleads. 

"Lapis is right, Jasper. The Diamonds would want to see him." Jasper drops Steven and stomps up to Onyx, stopping a few feet from him.

"This isn't your mission runt. Don't make me leave you here with these Crystal cowards." Jasper irritatingly states.

"I'm glad it isn't. You've been a terrible leader. Be glad you didn't fight in the war under a Diamond. They would be severely disappointed." Jasper enraged summons her crash helmet.

"You better watch it, runt." Onyx deadpans at Jasper. Even though her temper has flared, Jasper picks Steven back up by the arm.

"Time to take you to Yellow Diamond." Her crash helmet disappears into her gem as she headbutts Steven. Garnet charges from the smoke toward Jasper. "Good." Jasper summons her helmet and blocks Garnet's punch. The shockwave shoots Garnet backward.

Onyx turns from the fighting. He takes one look at Lapis and sees her fearing for Steven. 'I wonder why she cares so much for him.' He turns back and walks back into the ship.

-Timeskip-

"Onyx! You need to get out of here!" Lapis shouts from her cell as he slides infront of her. He quickly types a password into the panel, releasing the blue gem.

"We're heading- falling back down to earth." Onyx corrects himself. "We have to get to the escape pods." He grasps her forearm, charging through the ship at unnatural speeds.

Onyx quickly yanks Lapis backward, stopping them from going any farther. "What the-?" Lapis is cut off by the part of the ship the escape pods were on breaking off, exposing earth.

"There's no time." He closes his eyes, silently expecting his end. 

The ship collides with earth.

-Timeskip-

Rubble is thrown from behind the Crystal Gems. Onyx emerges, holding his head. The three gems ready their weapons. "Wait!" Steven shouts and runs forward.

"Where's *cough* Lapis?" Onyx steadies himself. "I still don't want to fight." The three gems give eachother nods and begin to surround him. He pulls his hood over his head. "Another time then." His gem lights up and summons two copies of himself.

They scatter in different directions. "Everyone chase one!" Garnet yells, taking the left one. Pearl and Amethyst both run after the other two. Pearl and Amethyst end up chasing the wrong clone as Onyx turns around after 30 minutes of running.

"Where is Lapis?" Onyx gets in a fighting position. "Somewhere at the bottom of the ocean, fused with Jasper." Garnet calmly says readying her gauntlets.

Onyx recoils from the news. His arms begin shaking in shock. He charges at Garnet tackling her. He sits on top of her tears running down his face. He begins punching Garnet's glasses repeatedly.

"No... I can't... not again." He says after each punch. Garnet lets him continue until her glasses break. She knocks him off as he lands on his knees. He continues to shake, mumbling to himself.

Garnet's future vision stops her from poofing him. 'It's risky to leave him here, Sapphire. I'm aware.'

-Timeskip-

"What do you mean he got away?" Pearl shouts, pacing around the living room. "Exactly that." Garnet opens her room and quickly enters, leaving Pearl, Amethyst, and Steven with each other.

"You know... I don't think he's that bad." Steven remarks with a smile.