Part 4

This takes place near the episode "Super Watermelon Island" with Peridot having already called Yellow Diamond a clod and changing sides. (Since I promised Lapis this chapter ^^.)

The ground tremors slightly knocking Peridot and Pearl off balance. "Didn't you feel that?" Peridot nervously shouted.

"Feel what?" Amethyst asks continuing to munch on her sandwich.

Peridot begins rambling about the cluster and its emergence. She flips her chalkboard around and a picture of the earth exploding is revealed. 

"No, it's Malachite!" Steven shouts cutting Peridot off. Onyx darts over.

"Where?!" He asks frantically. "On mask island! I was in a watermelon Steven. They have a lovely community, but Malachite, she was there!"

All the gems begin to talk to each other. "Let's go! We have to go save Lapis!" Onyx seems panicked.

The four gems run off to the warp pad. It lights up and sends them to Mask island.

-Timeskip-

The four quickly run to the beach and find Malachite yelling at herself. Onyx is angered seeing Lapis's gem. He dashes to the coast. "Onyx wait!" Pearl shouts.

"Let's just fuse. Let him distract her, he'll be fine." Garnet says as the gems begin to dance. 

Onyx summons his Scythe. "Oh look at this poor excuse for a gem. Are you going to stop me, little guy?" Malachite mocks.

"Unfuse. Now." Onyx's hands begin to shake in anger. Malachite starts laughing at Onyx's threat.

"I said... UNFUSE!" Onyx's hands and forearms turn a deep shade of red and his Scythe lights on fire.

He dashes into the air and charges the fusion. Before reaching her he swings his Scythe upward, sending a line of fire toward Malachite.

Malachite creates an ice barrier to protect herself as the fire stops but melts the ice. Onyx charges through the watery ice and swings at her. She dodges and smacks him out of the air back toward the beach.

Before impact, he's caught by Alexandrite. Onyx turns back and thanks to her, wasn't taken out of the fight. "Focus on her." She says.

Onyx's hands burn out and black once again covers them. Onyx hops off of Alexandrite as she charges. 

He uses his speed to skate across the water as Alexandrite is grabbed by a water hand. "Got you." She laughs.

Her laughter is cut short by Onyx charging into the fusion knocking her off balance. Malachite quickly regains her footing but loses her grip on Alexandrite.

"You always were an annoyance." Malachite says under her breath. "Your fight is with me!" Alexandrite shouts next to her.

Malachite is punched and sent backward. Alexandrite forms a bow and aims it toward her foe. As she releases, Malachite summons her wings to dodge.

Onyx sees Lapis's gem on the fusion and yet again, a flame burns inside him. His hands light up again and his Scythe burns.

Malachite sends sharp ice toward the larger fusion. The ice is stopped midair and cut in half by Onyx's Scythe.

Malachite angrily charges Alexandrite, pushing her against the mountain. They wrestle for a bit before Alexandrite is struck in the face.

"You know there really is something more to this fusion thing!" Malachite picks her opponent up and tosses her into the ocean. "It's not just a cheap trick!"