Part 10

Onyx began to open his eyes, before realizing he was underwater. Taking a look around he began to think. 'No fish? Strange.'

Pushing upward a water chain locks to his ankle. A greenish hand grabs him. 'Malachite.' She begins laughing. 

Her image begins to morph into a battlefield. Onyx begins to walk and sees himself poof another gem. 

Raising his foot, the other Onyx shatters the gem. Y/N summons his scythe and charges his mirror image. 

The copy easily catches his scythe's blade. "Weakness. Emotions make you weak. Attachments make you weak."

The doppelganger kicks Onyx to the ground and turns to what looks to be Lapis. He raises his scythe to slice as Onyx screams.

"NO!" Onyx shoots off the barn loft into the floor, breathing heavily. "What?! What?!" Peridot shouts from the loft as she tries to hide behind a sleepy Lapis.

Grabbing his face, Onyx calms himself. "S-Sorry Peridot. I need to uh-." Onyx walks out of the barn. 

Peridot and Lapis look at each other for a moment. "I'll go talk to him." Lapis hops off the loft and catches up with Onyx.

Onyx walks to the closest tree and summons his scythe. Raising it past his face he embeds it deep in the tree with one arm.

"Impressive." Lapis comments and she steps beside him. "Couldn't be farther from the truth." Onyx pulls the scythe from the tree and begins to stare at himself through the blade.

"You wanna talk about your dream?" She places a hand on his shoulder. "No." His brow furrows as he continues to look at himself.

Lapis sighs. "Then let's just get ready for the party." Onyx tilts his head. "Steven's Hallo-something party."

Lapis begins to walk away as Onyx takes another look at himself through the scythe. He sighs and follows the blue gem.

-Timeskip (and yes it's a Halloween party IDC if it's July)-

"Does this hat look alright?" Lapis keeps adjusting the witch's hat on her head. "I've never seen you look bad in anything." Onyx grabs his newly red scythe to match his devil costume.

"THE GREAT PERIDOT HAS BECOME... THE GREAT VAMPERI!" Peridot jumps into view from the barn doors.

Onyx stands up to come to pat Peridot's head. "You look nice Peridot. Let's get going." The three start their walk toward Beach City.

The town is mostly empty, most likely because Steven has invited everyone. "Do we have to talk to a bunch of people?" Lapis rubs her upper arm.

"Not if you don't want to. I'm just here to see Steven and Garnet." The group begins to push past the people on the beach to make their way inside.

"You enjoy talking to the fusion?" Peridot asks. "She's very wise." The Lapis goes to talk to Steven as Onyx heads to the Crystal gems near the warp pad, with Peridot clung onto his leg.

He wiggles Peridot off before approaching Garnet. "Gems." Onyx bows a little.

"Cool costume dude." Amethyst says from beneath the lazily wrapped toilet paper around her. Onyx nods before focusing on Garnet.

"May we speak in private?" Garnet nods and the two gems push outside away from the party. 

Slightly smaller, Onyx looks up to the purplish gem while collecting his thoughts. "Sorry for dragging you away from the party."

"It's alright. What did you need?" Garnet adjusts her glasses. "It's... about Jasper. Have you guys seen her?"

Garnet shakes her head. "You don't have to worry about her. We've got it handled." Onyx sighs.