Part 3

"We need to track down Peridot. We found her pod. We know she's out there somewhere. She came to Earth with a job to do and odds are, she's still gonna try to do it. That's why I've gathered you here." Garnet finishes.

The four gems and the half-gem begin to fold Steven's laundry. "Do you ever get tired of having to put on clothes?" Onyx questions Steven. Steven shakes his head and chuckles a bit.

"I thought it was so you could help me fold all my laundry!" Steven exaggerates the last word.

"That too. The chore wheel idea fell apart fast." Garnet looks back toward the wheel hung on the fridge. "Wasn't me." Amethyst adds, laying on a Steven shirt pillow.

All the other names were crossed out and replaced with 'Pearl'. "I just really enjoy doing all of those things." Pearl defends.

"It's better if we do them together." Garnet brings the conversation back. "Humans should just stop wearing clothes, it'd be a lot funnier." Amethyst quips, poking Steven's back.

Onyx begins looking out the window toward the ocean. "I'm gonna go look for Lapis." He stands up, dropping the shirt in his hand.

Stepping outside, he quickly jumps onto the sand, skipping the stairs. The gem on his forehead begins to glow, releasing four copies of himself.

"Find Lapis." The four copies look toward one another and nod, then back at Onyx. All of the clones dash into the water and begin searching. "Better join them." Onyx moves into the water, sinking with a sigh.

-Timeskip-

After hours of swimming, Onyx exits the water. With a growl, the water sparkles off of him. His gem lights up, and the earlier four clones disappear, each reporting nothing. "Damnit."

He walks back into the temple to find Steven sleeping. Laying down on the couch, Onyx decides to try sleeping. 'It can't be that hard, right?'

Closing his eyes, nothing happens. 'Steven said it takes a minute or so.'

-Cut to dream-

Water surrounds Onyx's skin as his eyes flutter open. 'What the-?' He quickly spins around, feeling the crushing depth of the ocean forcing him downward. In a fit of panic, he tries his hardest to swim up.  

The surface seems to be moving further away. Onyx screams, causing water to rush into his lungs. Despite his gem like nature, he was drowning. The burning sensation in his chest begins to overwhelm his senses as he desperately looks for a way out. 

Turning around he sees Lapis's face a few inches from his. Her empty eyes, staring back into his frightened ones.

"It's all your fault." Her hollow voice cuts through the waves, nearly shattering Onyx's heart in two. "I'm sorry! I shouldn't have brought you back-" She is pulled out of sight, and Malachite replaces her with a laugh.

Onyx jumps from his sleep, falling off the couch. "Dude. You good?" Amethyst asks standing over him with a smile. Standing up, he quickly dusts himself off. "I'm fine. Where is Steven?" She shrugs.

The temple door opens, revealing the tall form of Garnet. She walks over to the couch, eying Onyx the whole time. He raises an eyebrow as she sits down, patting the seat next to her.

"Need something?" Onyx he asks, taking her offer and sitting next to the fusion. "You have a question for me." She states. "I hate future vision." He deadpans, not enjoying being read so easily.

Garnet smirks. "What is it like? To be fused I mean." Garnet perks up, her smirk growing to a wide smile. "I can show you, if you'd like?" Onyx seemed confused at the question. "Fuse with me."