Chapter 16 - back again

_Y/n.

♡ 17 871                       Comments 321_y/n

_y/n. Got this cute guy at my favorite breakfast place to take this cute picture of me~

9 days ago
------------------------------------------
arvindo.russler He must be very handsome... To be able to score such a beautiful lady ☞ ̄ᴥ ̄☞

_y/n. Indeed... But nobody scores me, I am a free woman, Arvin ;)

arvindo.russler Of course, I'd never dream of anything different.
.
.
.
Y/n's p.o.v

Monday, what everyone thinks is the worst day of the week is actually the best day! It's literally the day to celebrate the weekend's end. Sure, it's the start of another horrid week, but nothing could go wrong with Arvin! Right?

Either way, It has been about a  week since we had our 'little' date. It was awesome but in some way or another, I think my boss knows about our relationship. Both because of what had happened when I fainted, and she has been giving me small clues.

A few days ago I was speaking with her concerning Arvin's parole and she said some weird thighs. For example, I heard her mumble when I had said "We just stayed at a hotel where his brother is the manager, so there's no need to pay for our rooms." She mumbled, "I bet there would still only be a bill for one room."

Another time I was going to go home and she asked me what I would be doing. Of course, I couldn't tell her the truth: talking on the phone for hours on end with Arvin. I could tell her half a truth; "I'm going to be talking on the phone with my boyfriend, he's on a work trip so we'll just be having each other's company through the phone." After I had said that she smirked and I could almost hear her whisper something like "Arvin does the same thing."

It could just be me being delusional and thinking everybody knows when nobody knows in reality.

I and Arvin haven't met for the last week outside of therapy. We decided, that since we have been a bit too close recently, it would be better to back off for a while, even though both of us were very reluctant. 

Driving to work today was easy, with no traffic and a short line to get some Starbucks! While waiting in the drive-in line to get my drink I get a call. It's Sara, my friend, and Arvin's lawyer. Picking it up I put it on speaker while driving a bit forward.

"Hey, y/n! How are you?"

"I'm good, Sara! How are you doing?"

"I'm fine, just fine. I wanted to talk to you about Arvin a bit. I know I'm not supposed to talk about my clients outside of work but he told me to tell you about this and I guess now is a perfect time. Are you sitting down?"

"Yea, I am at Starbucks drive-through right now."

"Okay, just don't start driving when we're speaking, alright?"

"Yea, sure, what is it?"

"Well, yesterday I had another meeting with Arvin to just go over some details before the court date where they'll decide if he'll be able to leave prison earlier. And well, I told him I'm very optimistic and he told me I shouldn't be. He said that he wants to testify again because he had told the truth but not the whole truth. He said he had never killed his friends, the three guys. They had all been in on throwing stones into the church but when he found out that the pastor was in there he tried to stop them but they said this was the reason they threw the stones, to hurt him. Well, later on, Arvin's friends started to disappear, one after the other, and he just knew why.

"He went to the church to investigate and found a back room which usually was empty, but now she this bad smell to it. Walking in there was nothing out of the ordinary except a small trapdoor going downwards. Opening it and going down he found his friend's bodies and a gun lying next to them. He took the gun just to inspect it and saw that there was only two ammo left in it when the pastor came in from a back door. In fright of what the pastor might do to him, he shot him in the knee. Then he interrogated the pastor and when he found out all the girls he had raped, and all the men he had killed, Arvin didn't know what to do. Taking his attention away from the preacher for one second he jumped into him, still with the shot knee, and Arvin shot him in the chest, killing him almost immediately.

"I'm so sorry to tell you all this through the phone but I wanted to get it out as quickly as possible. Arvin isn't innocent, but not guilty either. He did it all in self-defense and that means the punishment will be much more lessened. But since he lied to the court he will still get either a month or two more in prison, or community service for a year. Or both, it depends."

"Okay... I'd don't know what to say, Sara. I have to go to work now but I'm happy you told me all this."

"Don't be mad at him, okay, he lied to protect everybody around him. He never wanted to lie to you, he saw it as the only resort-" I hung up on her, not wanting to hear any more excuses. It didn't matter, I couldn't blame Arvin for what he had done, after all as she said; it was self-defense.

•°∆•°∆•°∆•°∆•°∆•°∆•°∆•°∆•°∆•°∆•°∆•°∆•°∆

A/n:
Super short, I know! I just wanted to say I appreciate every one of you SO MUCH ❤️. I become the happiest I've ever been every time it says somebody has voted on my story! Don't hesitate to vote comment, or check out my other story~

I am writing another one right now, but I kinda need to focus on this one since it is my biggest one. I just love the plot of my other Miraculous Ladybug and Cat Noir stories! 🐞🥰🤴🏼🐈

I can't believe I've gotten 700 reads already! Thank you. Every one of you. If you are a fan of Harry Potter, please don't hesitate to read my other two books. One is with one-shots and the other Remus Lupin. I honestly believe they are SO much better than this one. I wish I could just throw this story away so that no one will be able to find it again if I am being honest... Please, if you like this story, vote or comment. You have no idea how much my heart starts beating every time someone votes or adds to a reading list! Not to even talk about commenting! I honestly thought I would have a heart attack the first time someone added this one to their list... 

Word count: 1050