The exit

(A/N) I am sorry for all the feels in this and make sure you read the author note at the end, it's important. Again alot of POV changes but that's because lots of it happens at the same time.

———————————————————————————————————-

(Eren POV)

I rush to his room and arrive just a second too late as he slams the door to my face. I knock, gently, as if it were an attempt at a shy apology.

"Levi!"

No answer.

"LEVI! PLEASE!! I swear it's not what you think. Let me in, let me explain."

No answer. Tears stream down my face and make a continuous path down to my chin. There's a lump in my throat. Did I really just lost everything? I let my hand glide down to the door handle. It's locked.

"Levi." I mutter. "Please, let me in."

No answer. A burst of anger suddenly fills me. It didn't even take more than that for him to second guess how much I love him, how much I care. Was I living in a lie the whole time? Did he actually think this was bound to happen? That I would leave him for some other guy and nonetheless that fucking horse face? He had to know I'd never do that to him. He had to, there was no one else. He was it. He's all I ever wanted and now it's all gone. But I will fight, I will fight for him. He has to at least hear me out.

"LEVI! DO YOU TRUST ME SO LITTLE? Really? Let me in or I'll come in, I swear."

The hurt in my tone was more than obvious. Still, no answer. Fine. I attempt to break the door handle but it's resisting me. I step back and give a really strong kick right above it. The door cracks and I see light on the other side. I roughly bang my shoulder against the door and it opens. I walk in, determined to say what I have to say but then I stop myself as I see Levi sitting on his bed. His back twitching from trying to hold in so many feelings. My heart sinks in my chest. I did this to him. No. Jean did this to him. He selfishly ruined it all and there's nothing I can do about it. I know he won't even give me a chance to talk. I see now, another person than the one I fell in love with. I see someone who is broken into pieces and slowly shattering into an emotionless black hole. I take a step towards him and his face slightly turns to me. I can only partially see his face, but I have never seen him so angry. Never. His jaw seems to clench even more than it already is. Suddenly I'm a bit worried. Not only about my own safety but about his too. What if he hurts himself now? He abruptly gets up and quickly walks towards me while looking at the floor. I take a step back and hit the wall. He reaches me, grabs my neck and pulls me up. My feet don't touch the ground anymore and I'm suffocating.

"L..Le...Levi..."

"How. Dare. YOU?"

His eyes shoot up at me and they only contain one emotion this time. Hatred. I feel myself getting dizzy from the lack of oxygene but also from seeing how hurt he is. How this is over even though it couldn't possibly be, not yet, not ever. He presses his hand even harder into my neck, clawing his nails in my skin.

"HOW DARE YOU COME HERE and talk to me?"

"I..."

"SHUT UP!" He orders and I know that in that very moment, my only option is to listen. "You made me weak, you changed me. I was blind, I was an idiot. I TRUSTED YOU! I...FUCKING LOVED YOU EREN!"

He angrily wipes the tears that falls on his cheeks before letting me go. I glide down to the floor, holding my neck. My throat is on fire and I see black dots everywhere. It's like they are surrounding the blurry image of Levi walking away from me.