Frowning menacingly

(A/N): Armin gets to know the truth...And Jean...well you'll see...

———————————————————————-

He stares at us blankly when I realize I'm holding Levi's hand. At first I'm tempted to let go, but I tighten my grip instead. I glance at Levi from the corner of my eye and he's not moving, he's standing straight, staring right into Armin's face.

"Hey Armin!" I say.

His mouth opens but then closes again as his gaze falls back to our hands. I move in closer to Levi to make sure there are no doubts as to what is going on.

"Hi." He breathes after a while. "I... I...am... I thought..."

Levi sighs, exhasperated. And I thought I wasn't patient...

"Come on Arlert, get a hold of yourself!"

"...Yes Sir!"

He salutes us and I can't help but look at Levi who's now grinning. My smile echoes to his while Armin seems completely lost.

"No need for a salute, idiot! This is pretty informal, if you haven't noticed." Levi says as he lifts up our hands in front of us.

I glare at him.

"Be nice." I mutter.

Then I take a step backward, gesturing towards where Levi and I sat earlier.

"Look, Armin...Come sit with us. We need to talk."

He hesitates but then nods and follows us to our previous spot on the roof. The moonlight now reflects on all three of our heads as we sit silently. He turns to me, too uncomfortable to say anything. Then, his eyes fall back to where the sky meets the land. I turn towards him after making sure it doesn't bother Levi to stay behind me. After all, Armin is my oldest friend, and I can understand that he is confused by the fact that his best friend and his superior are now together.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you." I murmur.

"Tell me what? Eren, I'm kind of lost." He says as his gaze meets mine.

His hands try to find something to pull on, as you would with grass in the summer. Instead he just ends up fidgeting with his gear handles.

"That Levi and I are...together."

His face falls apart, as if he was dreading those words.

"What is it? Are you angry?" I ask, a bit apprehensive of the answer he might give me.

My eyes widen has I just now realize what Levi was scared of. People reacting like Armin is right now. I glance at him and he is inspecting his cravat to make sure it's correctly placed. I smirk and then bring back my attention to Armin who finally decides to speak.

"No no." He says, lifting his hands up. "I mean... I'm only surprised, I never would've expected this. Didn't you two hate each other?"

Levi scoffs behind me and I let a shy smile fade on my face.

"Well...we did. But not really. It's hard to explain. It's fairly recent too but it's been long enough for us to know how we feel. We are together Armin. I love him."

At this last part he frowns. I can feel my heart pumping and I'm getting angry.

"Ok Armin, what is it, just tell me already. Spit it out! This is hard enough in first place!"

He raises his hands, trying to calm me down. He knows I'm not patient. He knows that I take things to heart easily. He just doesn't know how much this applies to Levi and me. I won't let anyone tell me it's not okay.