Rulers of this Kingdom

(A/N): Erwin still doesn't back down and Levi gets angry.

(Back to Eren's POV)

—————————————————-

"Get up, shorty!" Hanji shouts from the corner of the room.

Both Levi and I look at her. I, for my part, am scared for her safety. You do not go around calling Levi shorty and especially not to his face. Luckily for her though, I think he knows he owes her one, a big one.

"And here I was hoping for a little fight." She adds. "He did change you a lot."

She points her chin at me. Did I change Levi all that much? I mean he still calls me Brat for god's sake and we're a couple now.

"Thank you." Levi mutters.

Hanji nods at him with a huge smile. She even goes as far as to hug him. Levi pats her back and I can see in his face that he is about to shove her away.

"Hanji!" I say before he decides to hit her.

"Yes Eren?"

"Just when is he going to be able to get back to normal things actually? I mean like regular life activities."

I blush at the thoughts that fill my mind but she doesn't notice. Instead, she looks at me as if I was a moron and then she turns to Levi who is also sporting a puzzled face.

"You two are idiots. Isn't it interesting how I just told you to get up right when I came into the room and even then you chose to ignore that important statement?"

We stare at her, confused.

"Do I need to draw you a picture?" She asks.

She takes notes on an empty piece of paper that floats around on the mess that is her desk.

"Don't make us a fucking experiment." Levi warns her.

"Yeah yeah yeah." She laughs. "Get up now."

Levi looks at me and I can tell that the strong man I once knew is scared as shit because he has been laying 5 weeks in that stupid bed unable to do anything besides occasionally trying to get up. I walk to him and grab his arm, the one further away from his almost healed ribs. I place it around my neck and look at him. He is staring at me as he usually does. I bite my lip and a predatory smile grows on his face. It doesn't take a second for him to be standing up. He misses us being close as much I do but it'll still have to wait. He takes a step and then removes his arm from around my neck. He had been practicing walking a bit during the last two weeks, pretending that he could manage the pain. Which, he said, wasn't as bad as it used to be and he kept saying how it wasn't the ribs that hurt so much but the place where it pierced his perfect skin, leaving a huge scar that would never go away. The scar would forever remind me that I almost lost him. That because of Mikasa, he almost died.

I was still angry at her and I honestly didn't know if I would ever want to forgive her. It would be much more easier for everyone if I had let her go on that day. But that's not who I am. I would have regretted this my whole life. As much as I regret Levi getting hurt because of my poor life choices, I don't think I could've let Mikasa go either. She's almost my sister but right now she is just someone. Someone that lives and breathes, but she couldn't be further away from someone I care about.

Suddenly, Levi grabs my chin, bringing my attention back to him.

"Oi! Snap out of it. Let's go, we have things to do."

I smirk and shake my head.

"What?" He asks.

"Nothing, I missed you, that's all."