Wings of freedom

(A/N)Hi guys! I just want to say thank you to the ones who read this fic week after week. It's been fun to write. I love ereri, always have, always will. They are my babies and to me it'll always be canon that they belong together no matter how SNK ends. Now, as I mentioned before, there will be a sequel. You can see the name in the (A/N) at the end. Please don't hate me!

—————————————————————————————————————————-

(LEVI POV)

"MOVE! GET OUT OF THE FUCKING WAY!" I shout to someone who walks slower than an elderly in the corridor.

I shove them on the side as I run while trying to put on my harness at the same time. I only had time to put on my jeans and white button up shirt somewhat properly before I heard the titan scream. Eren, what did you do? I let the tears fall down as I stumble and fall on my knees, totally incapable of putting on my harness correctly. I pull on it angrily. Someone kneels beside me and grabs my hand. I lift the other one to slap the person but she grabs my wrist and stops me.

"Levi... you won't be of any help that way." Hanji says. "Let me help you."

I nod, exasperated but knowing very well that I can't do this alone right now. She fixes the harness on my right leg while I fix the one on my left leg, not even trying to hide my fear and despair. Then, she helps me up and throws me my pair of boots.

"Thank you." I mutter as I put them on and start running again.

I push the door and I see Eren, rampaging the trees a little further away from the castle. He must have shifted there to be sure he wouldn't actually hurt anyone. It is still a possibility though and soldiers are aligning to try and put him down. I grit my teeth as anger fills me. Not only because they want to hurt him but because I did. I walk to them and place myself in front of the soldiers.

"YOU DO NOT EVEN THINK OF TOUCHING HIM! I'll take care of him. Am I being clear?" I ask, making sure every syllable sounds like a death threat.

"But Heichou, he is not himself...he..." Armin starts to say.

I sharply turn my head to him.

"ARLERT! Are you second guessing my ability to take him down? Are you going against one of my orders?"

I walk to him and glare angrily at his face.

"I swear you do not want to mess with me in the state of mind that I am in." I warn.

"No sir!" He says as he salutes me.

His eyes say more than that though. He is angry with me. Hell, I am too. What the fuck went through my mind? Erwin and Hanji walk out the door at the same time and the crowd grows by the second. I glance at Erwin.

"You stay the fuck away!" I mutter to them, hatred plastered all over my face.

Hanji knows it's nothing against her. It's all on Erwin. But technically it's all on me. Hanji nods while grabbing Erwin's arm and pulling him behind, closer to the castle's wall.

I move to the stables and grab a spare set of 3DM Gear. I put it on and it seems to take forever. When I'm finally done with all the buckles, I start walking closer to Eren. As I approach, his gaze falls on me. We both freeze and I'm wondering what he's going to do. It takes less than a second for him to start running towards me. I turn to the left where a couple of trees still remain intact and run for my life. The gear pulls me forward and up in the air as I grab the handles and press the trigger buttons. I haven't drawn my blades out because I refuse to hurt him. If anything I'll just get him out of there when I can reach the nape of his neck. I maneuver on the left and then on the right and then around him as he tries to catch me. Eventually, I manage to jump on his shoulder. I run forward closer to his head. I grab a hair strand and balance myself closer to his ear.