Chpt 9: Sick

The storm had passed around the time Techno had said. It was also the day, Ranboo could go with Techno out gathering material. Techno wasn't quite ready to let Ranboo go back to L'manberg. In his mind, Ranboo wasn't ready for the long journey yet.

With Tubbo, he mined out the cave and the crow took off.

Now everything was going as planned...

Techno and Ranboo was in a ravine, Minning around. They had to take alot of breaks, Because Ranboo's headaches would come and go. Techno started seeing a pattern... The Headaches would come more often. And eachtime they were worse.

Ranboo sat down, droplets of sweat running down his forehead. Another Headache. "Ranboo, we need to get you back to the house..." Techno said, Ranboo trying to convince himself he was just fine and dandy.

"Ranboo, Your sweating... Your body needs rest" Technoblade said. He only lightly touched Ranboo's shoulder, only for the boy to let out a screech... Like he had done before. Technoblade covered his ears. The screech rang throughout the ravine, small rocks falling down.

Techno's ears started ringing. He had a feeling something was wrong... Ranboo's eyes had that same purple glow over them. He seemed more like an endermen.

Ranboo's limps seemed to have twisted. When he stood up straight, he was taller. Techno stared at Ranboo in shock. Ranboo opened his mouth trying to communicate with Techno, seeming to be in panic. The inhumanly tall boy didn't want to hurt Technoblade as well... The sounds of a black bird echoed throughout the ravine. Ranboo's vision had gone blurry, so when he saw the bird fly towards them, it seemed like an arrow, heading straight for Techno. Ranboo, out of instinct, slashed the bird down, killing the poor thing in one blow. 

It was then Techno saw what had thrown Ranboo into such a condition. He was sick... Techno had read a book about that illness. It was very rare now, but it had happened to halfling endermens, long ago. It was believed Endermen had feelings and hearts before and got along with humans. They could once speak to humans and mix with them. But the endermen couldn't eat human food... They didn't eat cow, pig, chicken... They ate human meat. 

They went hunting at night, when everyone was asleep. For the endermen to stay neutural they ripped out their heart, replacing it with enderpearls. The endermen, only became more dangerous. They became feral beasts, who roamed through the night. The humans, at that time, believed the half born Endermens, that lived in human families, were dangerous. They let them live, but when the halfborns started to gain powers, they started developing the disease, which made them seem dangerous and unstable. The children were therefore shortened by the head to neck level. Only a few escape, and they were said to all be dead. 

The disease would appear, when a halfling endermen, was ready to unlock more power. But because of their half human side, that would trigger the power to become an illness. It will cure on its own. But the person having it, will be in pain. 

Techno looked at Ranboo, seeing his eyes glow purple. He had a suspicion, that Ranboo was a halfling, the first time that they met. But, if halflings still excisted... The human side of Ranboo would be more dominant, then the endermen side right? The Illness shouldn't have been possible. Unless... The halflings didn't mix with humans... but with themselves...

Was there a secret nation full off Halflings? Was Ranboo lost? Techno had thought that the Illness wasn't that strong and that the enderwalks was it. That there was no more. 

Techno noticed the letter on the birds leg and took it. He opened the letter and started reading.

Dear Technoblade.

I say this in the behalf of thoes in L'manberg, to bring you this message. Ranboo is missing and no one knows where he could have gone. Tubbo, is currently out looking for him, in hope to bring him back.

You must be warned. Ranboo, is unstable. We experinced something, that made me be writting this to you, with a broken arm. If you find Ranboo, give us a message back as soon as possible. By that you can use the feather that is bellow.

- Philza Minecraft

Techno looked at the feather next to the signature. Communication feathers. Techno took the feather and started speaking. "Phil? Phil are you there?" Techno spoke. Silence....

"Yes Techno. I am here. Did you find Ranboo?" Philza asked. Techno looked at Ranboo seeing him walk off, into the Ravine, finding Lava. Ranboo just walked, like he usually did when he was enderwalking. Just... being an endermen. 

"Yes, I found him. I know what wrong with him" Techno said and followed Ranboo, pulling out a book and started noting Ranboo's behavior. 

"What is it? Is he ok?" Philza asked, sounding worried. 

"Yes, he is fine. Ranboo is half endermen, its actually pretty common..." Techno said, seeing Ranboo pick up a stone block. "He is sick. With a endermen halfling Illness. Though he is fine and well. Whatever happened in L'manberg, happened out of panic... He simply needs to learn to control this, thats all" Techno said calmly, knowing Ranboo was fine. 

Phil let out a sigh of relief. "That great to hear..." Philza said in a soft tone. 

"I would like to request Ranboo to stay here, away from L'manberg... Just intill he has controlled this..." Techno said. Philza understood, saying they will visit alot, so Ranboo doesn't feel isolated completly. 

"I will inform Tubbo... He is out there looking for him... I'm sure he wants to see Ranboo" Philza said, Techno allowing it. He knew Ranboo missed Tubbo too... alot... 

Techno put the feather down. He saw Ranboo started to cough, purple liquid escaping his mouth. Techno got over, helping Ranboo with it. The poor enderboy was coughing rapidly, his body shacking. If Ranboo had known about the Illness, he wouldn't be in such a panic...