1. Time

Sara Woodwords

"You're going to tonight's meeting, right?" Dad asked as he stopped typing on his laptop for a second.

I was currently in my dad's office going through all the details of tonight's meeting with Jasmine.

"Yeah, why?" I questioned.

"I just wanna make sure this deal goes smoothly. You know how short tempered I and your brother can be when it comes to negotiations, especially when it's with people of our caliber." Dad said and I nodded.

My father, Carter Woodwords and my younger brother, Jason Woodwords are many things but patient are not one of them. It's a good thing I'm like my mom in a lot of ways. My mom, Lily Woodwords is Soft, Caring, Compassionate and Loving. I get some of my traits from my father too. Namely- intelligence, business sense, sharpness and a bit of a cold nature.

I'm a businesswoman and it's a difficult world out there for me. It sometimes gets really frustrating when people underestimate me since I'm a woman. I almost always prove them wrong. They think of me as a spoilt daddy's little girl but they don't know that I've worked really hard to reach where I am right now.

"I can't be there tonight as you know, and I trust you to be my appropriate representative. I'm investing my trust in you, Sara." He said seriously and I nodded.

Dad has to fly to Detroit this afternoon to handle a mafia problem which recently happened there. Some people stole armaments from us and tried selling it without our 'Pericoloso' mark. Although those people were caught by the head of the Michigan department, the man cannot make any further decisions without either my Dad or any of my uncles, Evan, Ian or Liam.

Adam has already took over as the leader of the mafia group but certain authorities are still in these people's hands. This way all the burden is not on any one man and distributing the responsibilities between the family means every little aspect of every mission or deal is well taken care of.

Us cousins, the 9 members of CERCHIO INTERNO are all vital parts of the illegal business. Now, we're 12 members since all the Stalin siblings are married. Adam's wife, Chloe ; Rose's husband, Enzo and Adan's wife Courtney are all our business partners in the legal business and Chloe is our head lady but her and Courtney are almost never included in the mafia business. They've chose that for themselves and we all understand that coming from a non-mafia background it's uncomfortable for them. Enzo on the other hand is a Mafia man himself so he's very much included.

The meeting held today is with the Greek Mafia and the Portuguese Mafia. The Portuguese Mafia has a proposal for both of our gangs.

Technically Adam's suppose to be the one attending it but the head of the Portuguese Mafia, Abel, wants my magazine line to cover it, so it's logical for me to attend the meeting first hand.

"And we're down here." Jasmine says as she's done revising the presentation.

"It's safe?" I asked and she nodded.

"Alright then. You should get ready. The meeting's in an hour. All the best." Dad said and I replied, "Thanks."

.

.

.

"And I'm done." I murmured to myself as I looked at my reflection in the mirror.

I was dressed professionally, of course. I wore an Oliver green shirt with a pair of white high-waisted jeans. I wore a thick brown belt and to complete the look I wore a pair of nude pink stilettos. I left my hair open with natural waves and did a little bit of make up.

I took my files and handed it to my assistant, Jene. She was waiting for me with the driver of my car.

Her and I sat in the back of my Audi and we drove off to the party hall. We'd always need a reason to meet and it should look like a happenstance to other people. We're meeting at the success party of a common friend who's a painter. The hall has a scheduled place in it's basement where we can meet.

I walked in and greeted my friend. I congratulated her and made my way to the basement, being careful not to be noticed by anyone. Jene didn't accompany me. I met my Dad's assistant there, Vincenzo.

"Welcome, Ms. Woodwords." Abel greeted me as soon as I walked in the door.

"Looks like I'm the first one here." I said as I took my seat on the long table. Abel already had some of his men present here. We were waiting for the Greek Mafia head, Darius Ariti.

"I guess our Greek partner is not very punctual." I said after waiting for him for the last 20 minutes. I was growing a bit impatient and the meeting hasn't even started yet.

"We can wait for a little long. This deal is worth millions." Abel said and I folded my hands across my chest.

"Well, Abel, they say time is money." I said with a smart smirk.

"They lie. Time is life." A strong voice said from the door of the meeting room. I turned towards the owner of the voice and my eyes locked with a pair of light green ones.

"Darius Ariti." I said as I eyed the Greek Billionaire for the first time.

~ Sara's Outfit ~