3. Come On

Sara Woodwords

"We've got a problem." Darius said, his eyes fixed on the map placed on the table.

"What?"

"What happened?" Abel questioned.

"You see, here, my rival, Elenor Davis has her storage unit. Her hotel is currently the most successful hotel in Budapest. We're already a big competition to her in places like Miami, Chicago, New Jersey, Denmark, Asilah and more."

"So? Just throw another city to the list." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"That's not the point, diletto." Darius said looking at me.

"Did he just named you 'delight'?" Vincenzo whispered in my ear but I shrugged it off.

"Then what's the problem?" Abel asked.

"As I said, Elenor's storage unit is at the place where we would wanna store our extra items. If we wanna make a hotel here, we will be needing that particular place of land to ourselves. She'll give us the land but she's going to demand something from us. Something more than just money." Darius said.

"So, what would she want?" I asked.

"She's hungry for power." Elias said.

"Hungrier than us?" Abel questioned.

"A wolf climbing the hill would always be hungrier than the one sitting on the top." Darius said looking at the map.

His eyes were on that piece of paper but his mind was already planning something. I've seen that look on Dad, my Uncles and on Adam a thousand times before.

"Among us, Darius I believe you have the best lawyer. Yeah?" I asked and he nodded.

"We'll come up with some legal proposal for her. One she couldn't deny." I said.

"It won't be easy." Elias said.

"I'll ask my Uncle Andy. He's the best when it comes to rescuing any of us from any scandalous matters." I said.

"Yeah, we've all heard about your chain of bakeries." A man from Darius' gang spoke. His eyes were looking at me as if I'm a criminal and he's the judge.

Two years back, the FBI filed a law suite against my chain of bakeries claiming we sell hash brownies and hash cupcakes. It was false since my bakeries are my way of earning money legally. I wouldn't mess with them in a thousand years. Uncle Andy successfully got me out of that, thankfully. The sale at the bakeries did take a hit for some months but the holiday seasons and slash in prices bought almost all of them back in a couple of months.

"Until the Lion learns how to write, all the books will continue praising the hunter." I said and I looked at that man, dead in the eyes.

"He didn't mean it, diletto." Darius said as he kept a hand on my waist and caressed it. It sent shivers down my spine and I shot him a glance at which he just smirked. He very well recognised that it affected me.

Why does he have an effect on me to begin with? I've had my share of boyfriends and although I'm currently single, I shouldn't feel like this from a mere caress of a man on my waist.

"I'll call Uncle Andy." I walked out of the conference room and called him. He agreed on helping me, of course.

"He'll meet your lawyers tomorrow and they'll discuss a loophole in this situation." I said once I walked back into the room.

"So, we're done here then?" Abel asked.

"I guess so, yeah." Darius said.

"I have one final request." Abel said as if testing our reaction.

I gestured him to go ahead and ask.

"Since Elenor is a such a big competition and a threat can you please go to Budapest for a span of 2 months and supervise the situation there? I'll take care of all other facilities that you might need there." Abel asked Darius.

"What? This month?" Darius asked.

"No, of course not. When it nears it's completion. The last two months. I cannot leave New York for the next 18 months and in my absence I don't want Elenor to do anything. My underboss will be there for 16 months but you and Sara need to be there for the last two." Abel further explained.

"Me? What's my job there?" I questioned, surprised.

"Since you're now an investor, we'll need your interview too."

"I'll fly to Budapest once the hotel's done." I reasoned.

"Two mafia personnels will send a powerful message to Elenor moreover I want you to supervise the things which will go into the magazine yourself. You very well know what attracts readers as well as the FBI." Abel said.

"Well, yeah..." I said still skeptical about it.

"You'd have to go there for two months too. Time flies, Sara. Two months will pass by before you know it." Darius said and I nodded.

"Sara, we anyways have to be there after 16 months. Come on, we can adjust two months. It'd be like a vacation with just a touch of work." Darius said.

"It's just, what'll we do for two months in Budapest? Exploring will only take so much of our time." I looked in his eyes.

"Come on, diletto. I'll make sure you're not bored there." Darius whispered in my ear and winked at me with a smirk.