9. Raabta

Darius Ariti

"And lastly, here." Elias handed me the last file I need to sign.

"Sir, Ms. Davis is here." A man knocked on the door of my room.

"I'll be there." I said as I finished signing the file. I got up from the couch and kept my phone in my jeans' pocket.

"Darius, wait." Elias said as I was about to leave the room.

"What happened?" I questioned as I turned on my spot.

"Wear this." He said, handing me a white shirt from the closet.

I didn't have a shirt on currently since I gave mine to Sara earlier. I really didn't mean to leave hickeys all over her shoulder but her milky-white, super-soft skin felt so good, I lost all my control.

"Okay." I said and was about to wear it when Elias again stopped me.

"Wait. Remove the wife-beater." He said and I cocked an eyebrow at him.

"You're going to seduce her. Show your body, dimwit." He said and I nodded.

I took off my wife-beater and wore my white shirt. I looked at myself in the mirror and decided to tuck the shirt in. If I stand under the light, you can slightly see my abs and the sleeves outlined my biceps.

"How do you know so much about seductive boys? You thinking about turning a corner?" I teased Elias.

"Shut up. I've got a girlfriend of 3 years. I know what impress a woman." He said and I cocked my eyebrow as I turned to look at him.

"You don't have any solid moves. All you do is hit the club, send a drink to a girl who you're interested in and then the next thing you know, you're taking her to a hotel." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"So? If I didn't have charms, how do you think I get these girls?" I replied.

"Elenor Davis is not the type of girl who'll just fall for you for your looks. You need to bring your A-game on the table if you wanna impress her." He replied.

"I'm not trying to impress her for real. I just want a confession. If she doesn't say anything willing, I'll get her drunk confession." I replied.

It's really mean and wrong of me to do that but that's the only option.

"So that means, you're not gonna sleep with her or at least make out?" Elias asked and I gave him a disgusted look.

"God, no!"

"Good otherwise Sara will cut your balls off." He joked.

At the mention of her name, my mind wandered to her soft skin, her milky cheeks, her doe eyes and her kissable lips.

They taste like cherry, although that must be her lip balm.

"Darius, please tell me you're not messing around with the poor girl. She's a really nice person and doesn't deserve it. Don't lead her on if you're not serious." He said.

The fuck? I'd never do that. Sara and I have this strong attraction towards each other which only increased after we kissed. It's not just physical. I feel a connection with her.

In Arabic, they call it, Raabta, which means connection.

"Poor girl? She's a CEO and the daughter of Carter Woodwords, she's far from poor. Also, what kind of a monster do you think I am?" I asked.

"Poor, as in metaphorically. Plus, I don't know the kind but you're a monster for sure." He rolled his eyes.

"Elias, do you know when is a monster, not a monster?" I asked and before he could reply, a familiar voice replied.

"When you love it."

We turned and look at Sara.

"God, this is a stupid idea." I muttered to myself and Elias nodded. "I agree."

"Well, it's a good thing then, that you don't have to go through it." Sara said.

"How?" I asked and Sara chuckled.

"Elenor is a lesbian." She answered.

"Easy, you seduce her then." Elias said.

"No!" I wrapped my arm around Sara's waist and brought her closer to me.

"Then what? I'll wear a wig and pretend to be a girl. That might work." He sarcastically said.

"Don't worry your small heads, pretty boys. I've already improvised everything." Sara said.

"My cousin, Jasmine landed in Austria yesterday due to a contract she has to sign. Two hours ago when Uncle Andy called me about this, I improvised and called Jasmine. She's already here and is with Elenor right now." Sara replied.

"Jasmine's gay?" Elias asked.

"No, she's not." Sara replied but Elias and I were still confused.

"Can you keep a secret?" She asked.

"Jasmine has done this twice back in her college days." Sara said in a hush voice, giving her sentence a dramatic effect.

"So smart." Elias sarcastically said.

"Now, if you guys will excuse me, I've gotta go, call my girlfriend." Elias said, taking our leave.

"So what'd you wanna do? We have a meeting with the head of the staff at 5 which means we have the afternoon off." Sara asked as she turned towards me. I wrapped both my arms around her waist.

"I just wanna do this." I said, kissing her lips.