10. Game On

Sara Woodwords

"Anything else, Amber?" I questioned my assistant. My team landed in Budapest a few days ago.

"No Ma'am. As per your schedule, this is the last thing you have to do today." Amber said and I nodded.

"So, I have the evening to myself?" I asked and she nodded.

"Okay, then." I closed the flap of my laptop and saw Amber switching off her iPad.

"Amber, give all of my staff the weekend off, including yourself. Explore this beautiful city and get some rest. You guys are still struggling with jet-lag." I said, getting up from my seat.

"Thank you so much, Ma'am." Amber says with a huge smile and I nodded my head, returning her gesture.

I've always believed, if I keep my staff and crew happy, they'll work more enthusiastically which in turn is good for my label.

As ordered by me, they've bought quite a few project reports and files with them. I've still got around 6-and-a-half weeks here. The preparations for interview of Abel, Darius and I will only take a week.

Now that Jasmine is here, her and I have got plans of exploring Budapest and get familiar with the place. That will take a week at most. Considering I take my Sundays off, I still will be needing loads of work to keep myself busy.

Today's a Friday and Amber here, has kept me rather busy with the files and presentations since morning, which I'm thankful for.

I've surprisingly wrapped up everything on my to-do list for today and I'm yet to have my lunch.

"Jasmine, wanna have lunch?" I said into my phone as I dialled my cousin.

"Sure, Ra." She said.

We hit a local restaurant and enjoyed some of the most delicious food that Budapest has to offer.

We ordered Lángos (seasoned flatbread), Gulyás (beef stew), Kolbász, (sausages) and some Lecsó (Hungarian version of vegetable soup). For desserts, we ordered Esterházy Torta (Hungarian Walnet Cake) and Rákóczi Túrós (Hungarian Cheesecake).

I ordered a glass of Hungarian Wine and Jasmine ordered Fröccs which is part wine and part sparkling water, kinda like a wine spritzer.

After lunch, we strolled around the city, shopping and exploring. We bought gifts and souvenirs for everyone. Jasmine will return to New York in a week or so. She'll take all the gifts with her.

Budapest is such a beautiful and serene place. The people are so friendly. The food is delicious and the scenery is breathtaking.

By the time we returned to the hotel it was already 5 pm. Jasmine was tired from all the walking so she went to her room to take a nap.

I, on the other hand, wanted to check out the lounge area of the hotel. I went to my room and kept my bags there. I took a quick shower since I was sweaty due to all the walking.

I changed into a pair of black biker shorts and a white oversized t-shirt. Comfy and chic.

I took my AirPods and my phone and walked out of the room. The walk from wing 'A' to the lounge area was a 2 mile walk since I needed to cross the other two wings but I didn't mind. I plugged in the AirPods and started playing Side To Side by Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj.

As I neared the lounge area, I heard people hooting and talking. I walked further towards the crowd, following the sound.

I saw the staff of the hotel sitting by a court. They were talking and cheering as some of them were playing badminton. I didn't bother disturbing them so I walked towards the sunset and clicked some pretty pictures of the view.

I send it to our group chat on iMessage. 'CERCHIO INTERNO'.

Sara: This is reported Sara Woodowrds, blessing you all with a glimpse of a heavenly sunset from Budapest ✨

I typed as I sent the picture.

Chloe: Wow 😍

Courtney: So stunning 🤩

Ava: I wanna go there now 😫

Almost instant everyone replied.

"Sara Ma'am, come join us." Amber called me.

"No, I'm good. You guys continue." I politely said and gave her a smile.

"Come on, Ma'am. It'll be fun." She said and I saw other gesturing me to join them.

I walked towards them with a smile.

"I hope you all don't mind." I said, taking the badminton racket in my hand.

"Not at all." A girl from the crowd said.

"Who's playing against me?" It's boy V/S girls.

"Me." Elias said as he smirked at me.

"Come on up." I said and we started playing. We started hitting the shuttle back and forth.

This went for a solid minute after which I smashed the shuttle with my hand forcefully, landing the shuttle directly on Elias' forehead. He obviously didn't hit it and I won this round.

"YES!" The girls hotted from my side and clapped while all the boys made faces.

"Sorry, Elias. I'll always be the boss." I said and smirked at him, playfully.

"Then why not try to win against another boss, Ms. Woodwords?" I heard a husky voice from the left side of the badminton court.

"Game on, Mr. Ariti."

~ Sara's Outfit ~