11. First Wish

Sara Woodwords

"Game on, Mr. Ariti."

He took the badminton racket from Elias and stood in front of me, behind the net.

"Let's start." He said and started the game.

He hit the shuttle and I did too. He hit it harder than Elias did. The shuttle went back and forth between us and it was tight game. He was actually better than what I had expected him to.

For someone who always drowns himself in work, he's way too good at the game.

He hit the shuttle a little harder and I stepped backwards to hit it but ended up stepping out of the court line. I lost a point.

The boys started cheering for Darius while he stood there with a proud smirk.

"That's it from my side." He said and started walking away from the court.

Following him, others too called it a night and started dispersing from the lounge area.

Like hell, I'm gonna let him win this easily.

"Darius, wait!" I shouted at his back and he turned around.

"What for?" He asked.

"Let's have a rematch. We'll take a best-of-three." I said and he nodded.

"As you wish, Ma'am." He said and walked back to his previous spot.

Elias stayed there, supporting him and at the same time, Amber stayed with me, cheering for me.

"1, 2, 3. Let's go!"

I started the game as I served. The shuttle went back and forth between Darius and me. It was a fierce game, neither of us backing down.

This went on for two rounds wherein I won the first round and Darius won the second.

"Last one. Winner of this round, is the ultimate winner." Amber said. Darius was about to serve but stopped midway. I furrowed my eyebrows at that. What now?

"It's so hot today." He dramatically fanned his face with his hand. Next, he pulled his t-shirt over his head, standing there shirtless.

His 8 pack abs were on full display. His broad chest, bulging muscles and strong arms seemed to attract my eyes at them as if those two things were magnets. His skin was perfectly tanned and the sweat was just glistening in the sun.

He served and I quickly pulled myself together, hitting the shuttle with my racket. His shirtless body was distracting me but I tried my best to not quaver my concentration.

"I'm sorry, diletto. I'm winning this game." He said and I looked into his eyes. He suddenly winked at me and I got still for a second. I missed the shuttle and lost.

"Nooooo!" I said. Elias congratulated Darius after which he walked away, followed by Amber.

"Fucking cheat." I said, passive-angrily.

"I didn't." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Now, since I won, you gotta grant me 3 wishes." He said and I shook my head.

"Come on, don't be a sore loser." He said and I rolled myself eyes, again.

"Fine." I said, crossing my hands against my chest.

"First wish: Go on a date with me tonight." He asked and my heart skipped a beat.

"You want to take me out on a date?" I asked again and he nodded.

"Be Ready at 7:30. Don't dress too casual. I'll pick you up from your room. Yeah?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah."

.

.

.

"And last but not the least, some lipstick. Now, you're ready for your date, Ms. Woodwords." Jasmine said as she finished doing my makeup.

"You look beautiful." She said and I thanked her with a smile.

I wore a black short dress with rose prints on it which ended up to my thighs. I wore black combat boots with it and opted for gold jewellery. I carried a black sling bag with me and tied my hair in a half-up-half-down style. I was wearing light makeup and sprayed some mild perfume.

"You're ready to go?" Jasmine said and I nodded.

"Thanks for helping, J." I said and kissed her cheek.

"Anytime. Just don't forget to use protection, although I don't mind being an aunt, I'm young for it still." She said and I slapped her arm.

"Firstly, shut up. Secondly, you're anyways going to be an aunt in a few months." I mean, Courtney is pregnant.

"Yeah, whatever." She said and exited the room.

I sat on the couch and scrolled my Instagram for sometime, waiting for Darius. It was a minute before 7:30 that I heard a knock on my door.

I kept my phone in my handbag and walked towards the door to open it.

Darius was standing there with a bouquet in his hands. Red tulips.

"They're beautiful." I said as I received them.

"Not more than you." He said and placed a small peck on my lips.

I placed the tulips in a vase next to my bed.

"Shall we?" I asked.

"Wait." He said and walked towards me.

He carefully reached out to my hair and undid it.

"That took me 10 minutes." I protested but immediately shut up when he stoked my hair with his hand. He raked his fingers in my hair, setting them perfectly.

"I don't like it when you tie your hair." He said and tossed the hair tie on the vanity table.

"Now we shall." He said and I wrapped my arm around his bicep.

~ Sara's Dress ~

~ Red Tulips ~