21. Name

Sara Woodwords

"Why didn't you inform me of your relations with the Greek Mafia head?" Dad asked as soon as I entered Adan's study.

I sat on the couch opposite to his and soon, Ma and Darius followed me.

"What're you both doing here? This is a private conversation between me and my daughter." Dad said to Ma and Darius.

"I gave birth to our daughter and Darius here, loves her. We have the right to know what you both are talking about." Ma said.

"You love her?"

"You love me?"

Dad and I questioned Darius at the same time.

"Yes. Well, this isn't how I wanted to tell you this for the first time but I love you." Darius said as he held my hand in his and gave it a mild squeeze.

"I love you too." I said and smiled at him.

"Wow. And no one loves me." Dad said and I rolled my eyes.

"Sara, why didn't you tell me this?" Dad asked.

"You think I didn't want to? I bought Darius here just so you can meet him. I'm not hiding him or our relationship from you." I explained.

"Well, then why didn't you tell me the moment you guys became... official?" Dad asked.

"Would you really like to hear such a thing on the phone?" I reasoned and he nodded.

"Is that a ring I see on your finger?" He asked.

"Yes, Darius gave me this-" I got cut off by him.

"He proposed to you? You got engaged? Sara Woodwords, why didn't you tell me about it? How can you do this?" He asked as he fumed with anger.

"Dad, will you let me explain?!" I said with gritted teeth.

I get my temper form him, what do you expect?

"This is a promise ring." I said as I showed him my hand.

"What promise ring?" Dad said with narrow eyes and Ma slapped his bicep.

"What 'what promise ring'? A promise ring, just like the one you gifted Ma. The flower one that she wears on her right hand." I said as Ma flashed her promise ring to Dad.

"That's different." He nonchalantly said.

"How's that different, Dad? You gave her a promise ring cause you love her and Darius did the same to me." I said.

"What are your intentions with my daughter?" Dad asked.

"Wow! This one's new. Never heard of that before." Ma said, sarcastically.

"Lily." Dad glared at Ma and she shrugged it off. Ma is a savage.

"Mr. Woodwords, I love your daughter and am very serious about us. I would like to have your blessing and permission to date her and marry her one day." Darius said.

"Will you take care of her?" Dad asked.

"Always." Darius said.

"Will you support her in whatever she does and trust her word?"

"Of course." Darius answered.

"Will you promise never to break her trust, stay loyal to her and be with her for the rest of your life?" Dad questioned.

"Absolutely." Darius stated.

"Do you promise to love her in 50 years from now when she'll be old, have wrinkles on her face and white hair?" Dad asked.

"Just as much as I love her today." Darius replied and I smiled at him.

"I approve of you. You have my blessing. Go ahead, date her." Ma said and I hugged her.

"Dad?" I called out but he didn't say anything.

"Carter?" Ma again called him but he continued looking at the floor, thinking something.

"Dad!" I said as I shook his shoulder and he looked at me.

"What?" He asked and I gave him a 'are-you-kidding-me?' look.

"Carter, come on. He loves her, truly. Stop being such a cock blocker." Ma said and I turned to look at him.

"I've lived with him for 28 years. I ought to pick up on some profanities." She shrugged.

"Well, yeah, okay. Date her, marry her, you have my approval." Dad said to Darius although he did not sound all too happy.

"I'm just sad because when she gets married, she's no longer gonna be a 'Woodwords'. She'll change her name to 'Ariti'." Dad said and I chuckled as I hugged him.

"I love you, Dad." I said.

"I love you too, my little RaRa." He said and kissed my head.