18. True

Sara Woodwords

I grabbed Darius' jacket, which was around my shoulder, and put it on the thief's head which gave me few seconds' window to beat him up.

I immediately started punching his back.

After a minute, Darius stopped me and held the thief's hands behind his back. The thief looked at me and it turned out to be my dear brother.

"Jason?" I asked as I looked at him in astonishment.

"Your brother, Jason?" Darius asked and left his hands as soon as I nodded my head.

"Hello, Sister." He said as he pulled his shirt down and folded his hands against his chest. He glared at me and I gave him a sorry look.

"I'm sorry. It was so dark I couldn't figure out who was standing there." I apologised.

"It's fine, Ra." Jason said and ruffled my hair with a smile.

"I'm sorry for the punches too." I said as I took his hand in mine and caressed it.

"You call that a punch? It was nothing. You fight like a woman." He arrogantly said and I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up. That's sexist plus, I am a woman." I said.

"Since when?" He asked with a fake surprised face. I slapped his chest and he laughed.

"Shut the fuck up." I said.

Darius cleared his throat. I completely forgot we were standing in the hall.

I took out my room card from my purse and scanned it. I opened my room and both the men walked inside after I did.

"My bad. Darius meet Jason Woodwords, my brother." I said as I looked at Darius.

"And Jason, meet Darius Ariti, my boyfriend." I said.

They shared a formal handshake.

"You're officially with him, huh?" Jason asked as his eyes widened.

"Yeah." I said as I smiled.

"I heard from Jasmine that you went out with him on a couple of dates but I didn't know it was this serious. Good for you, Ra." Jason said.

"Did he propose? You're engaged?" He said as he eyed my promise ring.

"Dumbass, it's a promise ring. It's on my right hand plus if we did get engaged, why would I introduce him as my 'boyfriend' and not my 'fiancé'. Also, why wouldn't I tell the family about us?" I said.

"Okay, okay. Fair enough." He said and put his hands up.

"By the way, why were you fidgeting with my room's door just now?"

"I thought of giving you a surprise visit since I have a 3 day music video shoot here. The guards let me in and the person at the reception gave me a spare key of your room when I provided her with an ID." Jason explained but got cut off by me.

"Wait, didn't she recognise you?" I questioned. Jason's a pretty famous actor and everyone knows the CERCHIO INTERNO.

"Yeah but she just wanted to have proof. A good trained staff, I like it." Jason replied.

"Before I can open up your room, you started punching me like the mad woman you are." Jason said.

"Okay. You can have my room for the night. We'll get you yours tomorrow morning." I said.

"Where are you going to sleep then?" Jason asked.

"She may stay with me." Darius said and I nodded.

"You guys did it?" Jason asked and I slapped his chest.

"Not that it's any of your business but we didn't." I said.

"So, is tonight going to be the night?" Jason asked with a teasing smile.

"Jason I gotta tell ya, you're awfully open with someone whom you met for the first time a few minutes ago." Darius said and I chuckled.

"And to answer to your question, we haven't. I'd like to wait till after the marriage." Darius said and I turned to him.

"Dude, I agreed to be your girlfriend just an hour back. Hold your horses." I said and he gave me a sarcastic smile.

"Say all you want, it's gonna happen." He said.

"I'm not that old fashioned but my Dad will kill me if I didn't say this..." Jason cleared his throat.

"No funny business. Keep your hands to yourself and maintain a safe distance form Sara." Jason said in a thick voice which was almost as deep as Dad's.

Darius laughed at his portrayal of the Carter Woodwords.

"Don't worry. I promise, no funny business."

"Stop. You don't need to do that. We know our limits." I said to Jason.

"I enjoyed it." Darius said with a smile.

"That's sweet of you, Darius but I agree with Sara. My Dad will kick my ass if he found out how awfully I copied him." Jason said.

"I'd pay to see you do that in front of him." I said.

"You'd pay just so you could see my ass getting kicked. Let's be honest here, Ra." Jason said and I nodded, shrugging my shoulders.

"True."