24. Third Wish

Sara Woodwords

"Are you ready for it?" Ava asked and I nodded. She took the tweezers and started pulling my eyebrows.

"Fucking hell!" I cursed.

Getting your eyebrows done is one of the worst physical pains out there.

It's been 2 weeks since I met Darius' parents and today he's taking me out for a date. It's 6 currently and I need to get to the exhibition hall at 7:30.

Yes, the date is at an exhibition. Not my choice but I'm okay with it.

After 40 minutes, I was completely ready with makeup and hair. All that was left was wearing my dress and heels.

I wore a baby pink silk dress with minimal jewellery and blush pink heels.

I took my purse and exited my apartment, bidding Ava a farewell.

.

.

.

I saw Darius standing outside the hall. He was wearing a black tux, looking so handsome. How did I get so lucky?

Will I ever get used to looking at this gorgeous man?

"You look breathtaking, diletto." Darius said as he kissed my cheek and led me inside.

There was a pottery exhibition here and very few people were attending. It was a friend of Darius' who was the artist of the pots.

We spend 30 minutes here after which I noticed that people started to leave.

"Darius, why are we the only ones here?" I asked as I turned around but before I could see anything, the hall's light got cut off and suddenly a focus light was casted upon me.

I saw Darius before me, on his knees with a ring in his hand.

"Yes!" I said as soon as I looked into his eyes.

"Can I at least ask first?" He said with a chuckled and I nodded my head with a smile I couldn't contain.

"I met you here, in this place around 24 weeks ago and it would be an understatement to say I was impressed by you. The two months that I've spend with you in Budapest were the best but I'm a selfish man. I want a lifetime with you.

You've shown me what love is. You've made me a better man. You've made me see what life beyond money and business is. You've taught me the importance of family. You've taught me how to truly live. You've taught me the real meaning of life but I want more. I want to learn many more things from you and I want to continue being your partner.

I don't know how or when but I fell for you so hard that without you, there's nothing for me in this world. I feel like I'm no one if not yours. I feel lost without you and I feel empty when I think of my life without you in it. For my sanity, I need you with me. You are the most amazing, intelligent and beautiful woman I know. I would be damned if I ever let you go.

With this ring, I promise to love you for the rest of our lives. I promise to trust you, to be loyal to you and be faithful. I promise to be the best husband that you deserve. I promise that you'll be my priority for the rest of my life. You'll be above all. Your word before anyone else's. You before the world.

Please grant me my third wish and agree to be my wife, Sara Woodwords."

"Of course." I said and he slid the ring on my finger. He kissed my hand and got up.

I wrapped my hands around his neck and ducked to kiss him but he turned so I would kiss his cheek. I frowned at this and suddenly the hall lit up again.

I saw our family standing in the hall. My parents, his parents, my cousins, Elias, my uncles and aunts.

Everyone clapped for us and I hugged Darius tightly. I buried my face in his chest as everyone clicked our photos.

"It's official now. You're no longer gonna be a Woodwords." I heard my Dad say. I smiled at him through my tears.

"Come on, Uncle Carter. Even I changed my surname after marriage." Rose said.

"And am I happy about that? Umm... No!" Uncle Evan said and Aunt Kath hit his arm.

"Deal with it, Evan. She's Rose Lombardi now. No longer a 'Stalin'." Enzo said as he wrapped his arm around Rose.

"Whatever." Uncle Evan said, rolling his eyes.

"How does Sara Ariti sound?" Darius asked as he wiped my tears with his thumbs.

"Ugh!" Dad said and received a slap on his chest from Ma.

"Sounds meant-to-be." I said and Darius kissed my forehead.

"Welcome to the family." Daphne and Derius said.

"Thank you."

"Congratulations, Sara and Darius!" Adam said and everyone started clapping.

"I love you." I looked at Darius.

"I love you too." He said and kissed my cheek, resting his forehead against mine.

"Tis' the beginning of our forever." Darius said and I nodded.

"Amen."

~ Sara's Outfit ~

~ Sara's Ring ~