19- meet twinkle toes- i mean, don giorno

we just got our first fan art!! thank you, FiliaCaramella, i love it so much~! YOU'RE SUCH AN AMAZING ARTISTT

(you all chose: help the don! mista will remember this. this action cannot be undone.)

-----

"Well, if you guarantee us a place to stay for the night, and some food or something, then sure. I'll help you and your boss out." you grunted, kicking your feet boredly.

Mista grinned like a giddy child, hopping over and plucking you off of the ground to swing you in his arms like a ragdoll. "Oh, thank you, thank you! You wont regret it, promise!"

"Fuck- put me down! I'm not a toy! Is the haunting so bad that you have to treat me like some sort of- Hey, dont touch me there!"

Jumping with surprise, he immediately dropped you to the ground again and hurriedly brushed you off with a smile, obviously still excited with the promise of your help. It was at this time, with you staring into his deep brown eyes, that you noticed something...off.

No, there was nothing wrong with him in particular, but there was something reflecting off of his sclera that made you curious.

You looked backward to see if what you saw was there in person, only to find caesar chatting with hol horse boredly in its place. Confused, you faced Mista again, who seemed to be growing concerned with your strange behavior.

"Hey, are you alright? You look pretty freaked out." Mista murmured, tilting his head.

"Stand still, will you? I'm trying to see something."

And he did, however hesitantly, stiffly holding in place as you motioned for Manny to come over to where you were at. "Hey, do you see something in his eye?"

He jogged over from where he idly waited on the concrete road and edged himself to the ends of his toes, leaning in close to Mista's face, searching. "...Is there something I should see?"

"Yeah, a weird purple mess in the upper right corner."

"No, I don't- wait! Yes I do! But-" He turned around to where the reflection should've been coming from, the space empty, "-where is it coming from?"

"That's exactly what im wondering... Something isn't right, this whole area is starting to feel off." 

After checking your shovel was strapped around your back, and making sure your satchel was put together and organized, you took manny by the hand and began walking off. "We need to go, immediately."

Mista snickered, tossing his thumb behind his shoulder. "My boss' place is this way, friend."

"Yeah, I knew that." you scoffed. "I was just testing you."

"Right."

-------

Manny scratched impatiently at his arm, nails raking over his scars and almost drawing blood. "Mosquitos."

You yanked his sleeve down, stopping any further damage. "You'll be ok. I'm sure we're almost there." You whispered back, quickening your stride and pushing Mista forward with your free arm.

The sky was obsidian, and the misty clouds stretched around twinkling stars. Crickets sung in hidden places, and frogs croaked out of sight. Everything was alive, yet still at the same time.

Thankfully, before you could feel yourself growing as restless as Manny, Mista dragged you both into an ally, took several turns, and came out on a different street-- right in front of a bright, well-built manor.