1- upturned soil

"ah, a great person to start with!" maxim hummed, clapping his hands together. "if i am correct, you need to have something that held value to them when they were alive in order to revive them, yes?"

you tucked the cream file under your arm, keeping the papers in place. "correct. i require something that held emotional or sentimental value, something they would recognize as theirs exclusively."

maxim dropped his feet from his desk, clasping his hands together and leaning forward. "well, youre in luck! we happen to have a few items that correspond to the people in the documents, which im sure youll be able to put to good use. one of those items happened to belong to caesar himself, you know."

"perfect," you hummed, tightening your eye-patch by its string. "give them to me and ill be on my way." 

maxim nodded, his fingers pressing onto an intercom speaker and making an announcement. "attention all staff in the paranormal department," he muttered into the microphone, his voice echoing through the speakers in the hallway. "it is requested by the over-taker that any historical and recreational belongings found or classified as remains of those that stood by and against the joestars through their endeavors are to be escorted to my head office. all items are preferred to be bagged in a satchel for easy carry on."

you haven't heard the name 'over-taker' before, which surprised you. well, then again, you were technically a reverse undertaker... while you waited for the requested belongings to be brought to maxims office, you decided to flutter open the file again, reading up on a random page of information.

'doppio vinegar. 33. male. 170cm (5ft 7in). occupation: passione underboss. stand: epitaph. ability: precognitive- sees 10 seconds into the future. nationality: italian. died: Rome, shot to death. remnant piece: hair tie.'

an interesting lad, you thought. you wondered what he was shot down for, and who shot him, though you suppose that he did work in the mafia. you grew curious as to why the SWF wanted this man revived, as it seemed as though he was of no importance. your thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door, malia soon entering with a large leather satchel in hand.

nodding to her with gratitude, you grabbed the bag from her arms and opened it up, the insides holding basic essentials and random items related to the deceased. an extra pair of clothes, most likely pjs, sat at the very bottom of the bag, a silver flask, large bundle of money, and ziplock full of personal hygiene next to it. 

on the far right of the bag was a spare eye patch, which was thoughtful, in your opinion. what had really caught your eye was the second pocket, where the items of the dead lay scattered yet neatly organized. each of them had a label corresponding to the person it belonged to, a zipper with a tag saying 'bucciarati', a picture of the mona lisa labeled 'yoshikage', and even a pack of coffee flavored gum named 'iggy'.

not judging the sentimental value of each item, as to each their own, you kindly threw the strap around your shoulder, adjusting it so it sat comfortably. the bag was relatively light, you thought, making this travel all the easier.

sliding your file into the satchel, you clipped the bag closed, turning to face maxim. he stared at you in question, "is there anything else youre going to need at the moment?"

"a jar, possibly." you answered, stuffing your hands into the pockets of your gray zip-up hoodie. "maybe two."

maxim nodded, writing down your answer on a post it note and sticking it to his intercom. "of course. now, if that is all, we already have a flight ready for you, waiting to take off for switzerland."

you raised an eyebrow. "you already had a plane ready for me? what if i had said no?"

"then we wouldve cancelled the flight, of course." maxim chuckled, tucking a loose strand of black hair behind his ear. "make sure to let me know if there is anything else you need. dont be afraid to give me a call, my number should be in the inner pocket of your bag."