21| Delays, Delays

(you all chose: go get josuke! This is a risk!)

Dice roll on if you find him easily! numbers 1-3 are in your favor, and 4-6 are not!

Rolling the dice!

Turn out is... 5!

Good luck finding him, you're gonna need it!

----------

"Getting you all your friends back is our top priority at the moment," You said, Pushing your folder back into your satchel. "I'll be taking the next plane to Japan the moment I find one."

Giorno seemed to perk up at your words, and for a moment, the heavy bags beneath his eyes faded, like the mere idea of getting to see those he cherished again gave him new life. His reaction alone almost told you that things could've gone very south had you said otherwise.

"I hope the agreement of my right-hand joining you hasn't slipped your mind. You seem trustworthy enough, but what's the harm of a little extra security?" Giorno nudged the gunslinger forward, who half-smiled half-frowned at you, a forced politeness with clearly shown disdain.

You thought you guys were cool, what's with his attitude?

Again, Bucciarati went to smack him in the back of his head. His hand phased through and hit Narancia.

"I'll book your flight and take care of everything." Giorno continued, not catching his subordinates scowl. "You just relax and prepare for the trip."

(Mista has joined your party!)

--------------

The two escorted you and Manny back to their mansion-esque abode, and the room and resources you were promised were swiftly delivered. Lofty beds covered in goods, windows clear and clean showing the outside street with intricate frames, even the air smelled like wealth, and you almost felt too poor to breathe.

Something told you this was more than just his hospitality showing, Giorno, the don, whatever that meant, this was his way of locking you in. Like insurance, almost. You weren't allowed to chicken out now with a banquet of this caliber before you.

Manny didn't make any more move than you did to enter your room. He was receding into another chill again, like he had back by the flower field. Looking around with an anxious tremor, he clung to your pantleg like it was the only thing that could keep him grounded.

"There's something in here." He whispered to you.

But it was nonsense, you said to yourself. You didn't sense anything, nor could you see something worth pissing yourself over-- though the sight of Hol Horse blowing a kiss your way was fairly unpleasant.

"I don't see nothing." You said back, urging yourself to walk forward. Cheap worn sneakers refused to move.

It was one of those instances again where he apparently recognized something before you had the chance to. Children are sensitive to things unseen; monsters under the bed, spirits in the closet. They're all there, but the adults, who have repressed that fear and numbed their senses with it, no longer see them. They train them to ignore them.

You've begun to believe Manny was still sensitive; being an orphan, kid of the street, no one was there to convince him the things he sensed weren't real. 

You felt that same pressure you had before by the cliffs moments after he recognized it. It fell unto, pulling you into its deep like concrete solid to your feet. And even still, your limbs were light as a feather.

A mental weight, you quickly figured out. Your body wanted to fall and crumble because your brain believed it had somehow spontaneously become iron, but your muscles and tendons were still ready to spring into whatever action you performed.

A dizzying issue, quite literally; you felt like you were standing still on a spinning top. Manny looked to experience the same problem you had, though missing the strength to keep standing.

There was something in here, and it made you pulse with a headache you only felt when you fed a bullet to your brain on rough days. 

Caesar looked at you both with uncertain eyes. As a ghost, he wasn't sure what the deal was. Gas making you light headed? The exhaustion of the journey finally catching up to you?

When you started stumbling toward him, he almost began to think 'zombie', though that idea was quickly thrown out when you pushed past him (more like through him) to look out the window. 

Even the street was a blur, something you once acknowledged to be so clear and crisp, now a watercolor distortion as you strained your eyes to gain some sort of focus.

The streetlights washed the grey asphalt road in a gentle orange beam that made its rough ground almost seem soft enough to lay on. Weeds shoot from between lightning shaped cracks and cicadas sing in a tree just out of sight. 

It would be a lovely little image of the Italian night to treasure, even if your memory won't do it the justice it should, had it not been for the thing standing in the middle of your sight. 

A black mass, standing in the middle of that golden light, soaking it up like a sponge and leaving a deep void where it stood. For a moment, it looked like someone had cut out a piece of reality, and didn't bother to patch up the void that remained.

You could feel it staring, and your head only began to spin faster the longer you looked at it. 

If you had even the slightest nerve, you'd think it wanted you to come down to it. It beckoned you like the voice of a siren, though there was no sound, or movement made to really show what it bothered you for.

N'doul says something to you, it's blurry and jumbled in your ears, and you can barely muster the energy to ask him to repeat himself. 

A deaf static soon came to overtake his voice as he again spoke, but once more, his efforts amounted to nothing, like he was trying to speak to you through a wall. Muffled, disoriented. 

You didn't even pay attention the second time he said something, and the cold, wet mass of water sinking into your shoulder failed to catch your attention, though it did bring down the slight fever you could feel creeping on you.

The thing outside continued to look up into your window, and this time, your vision cleared enough for you to get a good look. 

It was the one from earlier, the vengeful soul you'd passed at Abbacchio's grave. Had it followed you here? 

This is your first time dealing with a vengeful spirit!

Vengeful spirits are always going to be difficult to deal with. If you somehow deal with a particularly hostile one, sacrifices you may not like will have to be made! Sometimes, you can lose party members, other times ghosts you've collected and remnants you have-- and in especially bad situations, all three!

But the turn out is just as good! Vengeful spirits are strong and if allied, will always be at your side! Beat them, and you just might find one of your favorite characters as a personal ghostly guard!

Make your choice! Every option is a risk!

>Approach it! It must want something, so you should go outside and find out what it is. (Dice roll on whether it becomes hostile)

>Leave it alone! It'll go away eventually, right? Just pretend it isn't there, and that you were really looking at the birds outside or something... (Coin flip if it buys your bullshit and leaves)

>Attack! Get away, foul demon! The undertaker will eat you! (Dice roll if undertaker is cooperative, and another dice roll if you win)