2- Egyptian tombs

you were awoken by a cold sensation creeping up your arm, prompting your eyes to shoot open in surprise. yanking your feet down from the headrest in front of you, you scrambled to lift your hat from below your eyes, searching for what caused the freezing touch. to no surprise, it just so happened to be Caesar, trying to gently wake you up, though he only set you into a spiraling panic. "crap- caesar!" you yelled, "dont scare me like that!"

"sorry" he grumbled, gesturing to the front of the plane. "i just woke you up to tell you we've landed."

sighing, you sat properly in your seat, taking off your cap to fix your hair. "this job is such a drag..." you groaned, running your fingers through your hair before pulling back on your hat. double checking everything, you opened up your satchel to find that the file and remnants of the dead were still there, safe and sound.

"Thank you for flying with the SWF. we hope your trip is a safe one, mx. over-taker." the speakers announced, prompting you to rise from your seat and exit the aircraft, Caesar being forcefully pulled behind you due to his soul being bound with the ribbon. outside, a short, male flight attendant waited patiently for you, escorting you to a jeep free for you to use to get from destination to destination quickly. handing you the keys, the attendant smiled. "be sure you stay safe, it really is hot out there."

you nodded. "sure, whatever..."

loading your stuff into the jeep, you had failed to realize you left your eye patch inside of the plane, only catching onto that fact when caesar said, "didnt you have a patch over your eye, or something?"

"shit!" you screeched. "i left it on the plane!"

"do we need to go back and retrieve it?" caesar asked, watching you secure your satchel in the seat next to you, tightening the seat-belt around it like it was a child.

"no.. its fine, but youre going to have to tell me who's a ghost and who isnt. i confuse the living with the dead pretty easily, which is why i use an eye-patch to cover the eye that allows me to see ghosts like you. after all, i still have a spare eye-patch in my bag."

nodding, caesar sat in the back seats, watching you drive aimlessly in the desert sands until you found a lost soul.

----------

its been two hours, and you still havent caught sight of a single ghost in the empty dunes, making you grow frustrated. in the documents, the file had said that a man named n'doul should be out here, having died in the middle of the desert. 

no, the fact that you hadnt found them yet didnt frustrate you, since the desert was rather large. sometimes, when ghosts arent satisfied with their death, they'll become hostile and stalk anything within its bound radius, only to reveal themselves when they are sure they can strike.

this is what worried you, not the fact that you couldn't find them, but the fact that the spirit may already be right under your nose, planning to kill you. most times, the only way to make them peaceful or docile, is to present something of theirs to them, having them bind to it rather than whatever is causing them such anguish.

confirming your suspicion, Caesar yelled out to you, looking out of the window behind you. "HEY, NECRO-BITCH! THERE'S THIS STREAM OF WATER FOLLOWING US!"

this was both good news and bad news. good news being that you found the ghost, bad news being that they were a vengeful spirit. flooring it, the jeep speed off and away, trying to distance itself from the stream of water that bounced off of the sand like a rubber ball. growling, you pressed your foot harder onto the acceleration pedal, as if it would make the car go any faster.

it was a race against time, as you knew this spirit would eventually catch up with you unless you were to escape the radius it was bound in. fortunately, you made it out of the spirits ring before the water reached you, escaping its range with a sigh. abruptly stopping the jeep, you swerved to the left to get a good look at what this 'stream of water and shit' was, surprised to find that it was exactly as caesar described it.

a cluster of water skittered to a halt, the hand shape it took diving into the sand and disappearing from sight. "we must have left its range.." you muttered.

caesar sighed with relief, "good... we can move on now-"

"we have to go back."

he froze, his eyes as wide as saucers. "im sorry, what?"

"there's a ghost somewhere over there, where the water attacked us. we left its bound radius so that means its somewhere in there, with the water." you explained, your large shovel appearing in your hand from thin air.

caesar looked at you in question, pondering how such a tool appeared out of no where. "well, i'm not going to take the jeep. i need it in one piece in order to find everyone else." you added, hopping out of the car with your satchel around your body, shovel in hand.

caesar floated to your side, his hands flat against the sides of his head in shock. "are you crazy?! youre going to get killed!"

"wow," you chuckled, "you dont know me like i do. ill be fine."

ignoring caesars echoing protests, you began to sprint back in the direction the water disappeared into, gasping when you felt rumbles beneath your feet. 

the familiar spike of Adrenalin stung your lungs, the hard thudding of your feet against the sand giving you a nostalgic sensation. you werent good at fighting, but running? you had been doing that since day one. using your agility to your advantage, you sped forward, hoping to find the center of this ghosts radius and hopefully the item they were bound to.

the sound of water sloshing behind you set off several alarms in your head, making you run faster in hopes of not getting attacked. caesar, helplessly flying by your side, was screaming insults and panicked words to you, lecturing you about how you should have just come for this ghost later.

ignoring him, you dug your feet harder into the ground, feeling the sand that flew through the air enter your lungs and making you gasp. due to your fatigue, you had slowed down a bit, the water catching up to you significantly. unable to keep up your previous speed, you braced yourself for an attack, surprised but not surprised when the water pierced through you.

it shot directly through your abdomen, your blood mixing into the fluid with a mesmerizing swirl. caesar screamed, his eyes swelled with panic. "OVER-TAKER!"

"well crap," you huffed, staring down at the wave of water going through your chest with crossed arms. "that was my favorite shirt."