6- a bullet to the head

(you all voted on 'yes, take hol horse!')

"well.." you murmured, staring down at the desperate ghost with pity.  "screw it, why not? come on, hol horse, youre coming with me."

he looked up at you, beaming with joy. "really?! i can go with you and leave this place!?"

you nodded, ignoring caesars disapproving glare from behind you. "yeah, but-! you have to tell me where your remnant is. kind of an important thing, buddy."

hol horse tilted his head, standing up to his full height and looking down to you. "remnant? what's that?"

you heard caesar groan loudly behind you, followed by a: 'let's just make some freaking brochures about your damn explanation! this'll be the third time i hear it!'

you chuckled, pulling out caesars ribbon from your satchel. "to put it simply so caesar doesn't have a stroke, a remnant is something you were subconsciously attached to while you were alive, and possibly something you died with. at the same time, it's something that's keeping you trapped in this alleyway. this is because you're bound to it, and can only stay within a certain radius of it. make sense?"

he meekly nodded his head, already looking around. "i guess... what if im not bound to anything, and im just destined to haunt this alleyway forever?!"

you hummed, stuffing caesars ribbon back into your bag before you lost. "well, that is a possibility.." you answered, making hol horse shriek. "but! that just means ill have to revive you to remove you from here, though im not too sure about that.."

caesar hovered behind you, obviously disapproving what you were suggesting. "(y/n), you gotta take a second to think and make sure that you arent just acting on impulse!"

you sighed, pulling out your eyepatch from your satchel. "im not acting on impulse, though i do feel pity for this man. he holds valuable information about my past, and if i leave him behind then who knows if ill ever find out why i cant die!"

caesar audibly huffed, looking the other way as he folded his arms. "i dont think you should do it."

"remind me, who is the necromancer, and who is the dead man?"

caesar jolted, his face flushed from embarrassment. "right," you hummed, tying the patch over your ghost eye, "im the necromancer, the person going to bring you to life again. quit your complaining and make room for another spirit on this train wreck."

once your eye patch was fully on, you found that you could no longer see hol horse and caesar, ndoul being the only remaining spirit in sight as he inhabited a body of water. funny enough, you could still hear their disembodied voices, shrieking at each other and arguing over how useful hol horse would be.

ignoring them, you hastily looked around for anything relatively old that could relate to this strange cowboy of a man. there was a rusty nail, loose screws, and a raccoon eating a rotting apple in the garbage to your left, though it was obvious that none of them correlated to the man.

"so," you mumbled, "while im looking for your remnant, do you mind telling me about a man named avdol? i have a rising hunch that youre acquainted with him somehow, though i could be wrong."

hol horse jolted, an obvious expression of discomfort and rage covering his face. (though you couldnt see it because of your eyepatch). "he was a confident and cunning man, one i hope will burn forever in the firey pits of-"

"i mean, do you have any idea where to find him?"

"oh, no clue. he should be dead."

"well no duh," you deadpanned, "i wouldnt be here for him if he wasnt."