3- the undertaker, the overtaker

crimson blood mixed in whimsical swirls, dancing in the water as it seeped out of the gaping hole in your stomach. scratching your head, you turned to face caesar, who looked ready to pass out, scream, and cry all at the same time. "well- uh, this is awkward..." you mumbled, phasing your hand through the water curiously.

"awkward?!" he screeched, gesturing to the stream of water flowing through your body. "how are you not dead?! why are you acting like this is normal for you?!"

"you know, i have no clue myself..." you muttered, placing your hands on your hips as your eyes followed the river of water that continued to flow through you. "i have no idea how this happens. one time, i even took a bullet to the head.. but this? this is something else..."

you crouched down to the sandy ground beneath your feet, scanning the grains of rock for any remnant of n'doul. "are we just going to ignore the fact that youve been impaled by water?! something that shouldnt even be able to cut through human skin at that density?!" caesar screeched, his palms on either side of his head in disbelief.

you glanced up at him, shrugging your shoulders as you stood up again. "what do you want me to say? 'oh no, well would you look at that! ive been impaled! guess i gotta die!' caesar, please. this has happened too many times for it to be a big deal."

caesar narrowed his eyes, attempting to process how you hadnt died as you began to yell into the open world. "hey! ghost guy! im here to help you, so if you could kindly remove your water from my body, that'd be great!"

your voice echoed into the empty dunes of the desert, giving no response in return. you huffed, rubbing sand out of your white, ghost-seeing eye. "hey! whoever is controlling this water better cut it out! if youre name is n'doul, im here to help you!"

the water flowing through your abdomen twisted and swirled out of your body in different directions, collecting itself into a large blob on the sand in front of you, taking the form of a well built man. 

the liquid flowed effortlessly as it morphed into the person known as n'doul, your eyes following its movements to a T. it was a strange sight to watch, but definitely not the weirdest youve seen. he folded his transparent arms, staring at you curiously. "how... are you not dead?"

you sighed, closing your eyes and shrugging your shoulders. "dont ask me, man, i dont know."

n'doul and caesar watched your stomach regenerate in confusion, the top and bottom of your spine reconnecting like two roots intertwining. the lining of your muscles and organs stretched outward to meet each other, like two spiders making their webs meet.

you watched as your skin melted back on top of your freshly rebuilt insides, pooling around your body like wax until everything was back as it was. "oh, sweet. that one didnt take too long." you mumbled to yourself, playing with the broken hems of your shirt. "too bad my shirt cant regenerate."

caesar looked as if he was about to throw up, n'doul only able to look at you with obvious confusion. "how... how does that happen? how are you not dead?"

"damn, my man really got sand in his ears." you chuckled, ripping off half of your shirt and turning it into a striped crop top. hey, its not like you were about to continue your journey looking homeless! no, you were going to look homeless and stylish.

 "as for my introduction, my name is (y/n), and im a special kind of necromancer. ive come here to revive you, n'doul. -and, before you ask again, i have no clue how im not dead. any other questions?"

caesar floated over to you, raising an eyebrow. "i forgot.. how do you know us again? why are you out collecting us and bringing us back?"

you stretched your arms above your head, lifting your crop top and exposing the bottom of your chest. "well, first off, im being payed to find a selective group of people and bring them back to life, specifically those who died alongside or against the joestars during their adventures... and lemme tell you, you wont believe how many of those guys died in italy..."

bringing your arms back down, you shuffled through your satchel, carefully pulling out the cream colored file while caesar and n'doul watched like curious children. 

"see this?" you yawned, waving the file back and forth. "this gives me a list of all the people the organization i work for wants me to find, including information of the whereabouts of their death, what they may be bound to, and names, which is why i know both of yours."

n'doul tilted his clear head to the side, the water that it was made of sloshing with its movements. "what we're 'bound to'? what do you mean?"

 you sighed, caesar sitting down on the sand as he already got the explanation. "the only reason you and caesar are here on earth, as well as a plethora of other ghosts, is because your soul is bound to something. think of it like getting caught on shallow quicksand.. youre unable to escape or move on without help. now, what's keeping you in the 'quicksand' is something i call a 'remnant', or something you were attached to when you were alive, and when i say this, i mean something worth emotional or sentimental value."

n'doul nodded his head in understanding, though it was obvious he was still a little confused. "well... can you explain your 'remnant' a bit more to me?"

"sure thing," you sighed, tucking the file back into your satchel. "caesar, the blonde guy over there, is attached to a special ribbon that he always wore when he was alive. he's only able to move within a certain radius of his ribbon before he unable to move any further.
 this means he is bound to his ribbon, meaning he has no choice of what happens to his ribbon or where it goes, which is why he follows me since i have it in my bag. unable to separate from his remnant, caesar is joining me on my little mission to find everyone so he can be revived. im sure you want to live again, too, do you not?"

 n'doul looked to the side, thinking. "well.. when i was alive, i was a blind man. now that im a ghost, i can finally see everything around me... the world, the sand, the clouds.. though, i will admit, ive come to notice that egypt, my home, is rather boring and bland... being stuck in the endless desert dunes really puts you into perspective. i didnt know that everything was so.. empty?"

a grin crawled up on your lips, your hands burying themselves in your pockets. "well," you hummed, skipping giddily around the man made of water. "what if were to tell you i can get ya out of here?"