13- D'arby and D'arby

(you all chose: go left!)

---------

Why did you think this was a good idea? Why, (Y/n)? Why did you think this was a good idea? What fucking demon possessed you to go left, huh? What spell fell upon you to go left, shit for brains?

Now you gotta fight a pair of gambling assholes hellbent on killing you! Which, thankfully, would never happen thanks to your condition... Plus, wouldn't that be awkward? Becoming a ghost after some other ghosts killed you? Maybe they want you in a club or something.

"(Y-Y/n)! Your arm, they ripped it off!"

Nevermind. They probably dont want you in their club.

"Get back here, you bitch!" One of the brother ghosts screeched. "You took my damn poker chip!"

You, really, only needed one of these two ghosts, and that'd be Daniel D'arby. The other one, his brother, could be left in the dust for all you cared. As far as you know, Daniels poker chip, a real one that didn't hold some poor soul in it, would be his remnant. It even said so in the file!

What was also said in the file was that shiny objects have been going missing in the area he was reported to have died in-- Dio's mansion; which is odd, since the place he had been defeated was pretty much nowhere near there. Perhaps that's why the SWF wanted him?

Not too sure what it would do, but hoping it would help, N'doul whipped at different parts of the mansion and caused havoc to unfold, dust sprinkling from the ceiling as support beams came raining down in chunks, the flooring to the rooms above you all breaking and clambering atop each other in messy piles.

The very much violent and vulgar curses that slipped from your mouth as freely as a raging river, echoed through what was left of the manor, Caesar screaming at you to 'move those stupid fucking mortal legs faster' as Hol Horse joined in on your yelling-- Manny left to dangle beneath the tight clamp of your arm and praying he wasn't slowing you down.

As for the D'arby brothers, those two ended up getting pretty separated from each other, as Daniel was forced to stay within the range of his remnant, and pulled in whatever direction you fled in... Leaving Terence in the dust to cry out for his other half.

"Motherfucking hell shit bastard bitch whore slut asshole Dio--"

"Why the hell did you say Dio?!"

"I'm pretty sure 'Dio' is some sort of curse word or slur!"

Brushing off Caesars question with such an academic answer left you feeling kinda proud of yourself, but no less fearful.

In a great gust of dust, you shot out the front doors of that damn vampires mansion and tumbled onto the dirty ground beneath you, Manny rolling out of your only in-tact arm to catch his breath, while you ended up barreling a good few feet more.

"Oh my god," You gasped, stumbling to your knees as your left side slowly healed itself, "I think I just pissed myself."

"You did not."

"I think I fucking did. That, or I shat myself. There's something cold in there, and I dont wanna find out what."

"It's what I'm assuming you're after." A new voice hissed into your ear. "Riches, right? Cause if so, that's what I stuffed into those distasteful pants of yours. I'm hopin' some of the knives got lodged into your ass."

"Oh, is that's what's in there?"

"...What?"

"Nothing." You laughed, literally digging into your ass for gold. "Anyways, Daniel, right? Did I grab the right guy?"

"I'm pretty sure you're really just grabbing your own ass, but if you're referring to the man you just kidnapped--"

"Saved."

"No, you fucking kidnapped me-- but yes, I'm Daniel, and you're dead meat if you dont... How can you see me?"

"IS THAT JUST NOW HITTING YOU, DUMBASS?" Caesar screamed from where he hovered beside him. "DAMN IDIOT!"

Daniel winced as the Zeppeli practically exploded, stepping a few feet away before looking back to you again. "No, seriously, how can you see me? Everyone else who went in there never saw a thing, and--"

"One word. I'm gods favorite."

"That's three words."

"And you shoved a knife up my ass."

"That doesn't have anything to do with my question."

"You have some sort of knife-play kink?"

"No! I'd never be into those sorts of things!"

"That means you're probably into something, right?" You grinned, rolling your body so that you sat upright-- your arm almost completely regenerated. "I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours!"

"Answer my question! How can you see me, what are you?!" Daniel spat, having half the mind to ask why your arm started coming back, later-- let alone how you hadn't died.

"I'm gods favorite, like I said. I'm also a necromancer, if that helps."

"Yeah, that helps a lot." He deadpanned. "So, what is it you want from me? Can you just spit it out?

"I got an order to retrieve you from your resting place, bring you to life, and go on with my day. You just got to fill me in on some stuff, aight?"

As Daniel practically shut down at the mention of him living gain, you left yourself to your devices and rid your body of the weapon meant to kill you, before lazily tossing it to the side with a clatter. Looking beyond the broad shoulders of that gambling whore, you meet the gaze of Terence, the one D'arby you didn't need.

He seemed to be holding a golden bracelet smugly.

> You're curious. Go and investigate.

> You're suspicious. This must just be bait.

> You don't give a shit. (coin flip- escape route)