22- In The Dark

(You all chose: approach it! You all have no sense of caution, do you?)

A dice roll will decide if it's hostile!

Numbers 5-6 are in your favor, and 1-4 are not!

Rolling!

The outcome is... 6!

The spirit is not hostile!

A quick note! your risk's chances of success varies! While finding josuke was 50/50, another risk you take might have its odds as 5/6, or 2/3. You'll never know the odds until the next chapter, so they don't influence your decisions!

------------

Manny didn't move from his spot on the floor, claiming it with his drool as he flickered between consciousness with fluttering eyes. 

Mariah watched him with interest, not staring at him with the look of a worried mother, but rather the mocking gaze of an elder sister. Something that said 'You look stupid' seemed to describe her expression, or perhaps her thoughts.

The thing outside continued to look at you, a staring contest shared between the living and dead; you hoped that thing was dead anyway.

Finally, it stuck out what you thought was an arm, a thick and lengthy chunk shooting out of its mass to point at you, beckoning you over. 

Going out the front door wasn't an option. Mista will probably question if you're running away, and Giorno should be quick to bribe you back to your room. The goodies on your bed said he would. 

Sneaking out the back wasn't an option either. Even if he were out of sight at the moment, you could still feel Bucciarati lingering, maybe around the doorway, or even down the hall. Wherever he was, he was there, and he'd find a way to snitch to Giorno.

So, what solution had your brain, drunk with nausea and fatigue, come up with then? Jumping out the window, of course.

The Italian streets echoed with an unsettling, crunching mush sound, as your brains splattered across the sidewalk and your torso burst into a crime scene. Bones snapped and creaked as they reformed, pulling you back to your feet.

With only half a face, maybe less, you looked toward the spirit, who made no indication it felt threatened by you, or surprised by the fact you leapt out the window. It just seemed... Dull.

You skull rattled as you spoke, your jaw hanging off your face and swinging like it was only attached to a string. Of course, no words actually came out. Garbled shrieks and mumbles were about all there was to call a language.

Maybe you looked more dead than the thing you faced, at least to passerby. Up close, that black mass took on a more humanoid shape, and while of course there was still a bit of darkness clinging to its figure, it didn't look as void as before. 

A muscle shot out to reconnect with the other end of your jaw, and it snapped it back to its place on your face like someone pulling a thread taut. 

You groaned at the grinding sensation of your bones running together, the side of your skull inflating and reforming again where it had once been flattened by the concrete.

Still, the figure waited patiently for you to sew yourself together again, and as your eyes readjusted as they became born again, you were able to see who you were looking at more clearly.

There still wasn't much color to it, but if you were to squint a bit and tilt your head, you could begin to see the stark contrasts of white and gold beneath the black fog that seemed to swallow your guest.