Chapter Seven

Clementine's P.O.V

Zemo's place in Riga was nice, a bit over the top but nice nonetheless. I sat crossed-legged on the kitchen island a packet of gummy sweets in my lap.  Sam sat on the stole in front of me "can I have one?" he asks holding his hand out as I shove another bunch of gummy bears into my mouth, I narrow my eyes at him before placing two bears in his hand. The front door slammed as Bucky strode into the room "well, the Wakandans are here. They want Zemo. Bought us some time" he informs swaggering over to lean on the counter behind me. Zemo walks out in his robe drying his hair "were you followed?" Sam questions, stealing a handful of sweets from my lap. I glare at Sam, holding the packet away from him. 

"No" Bucky replies snatching the sweet packet out of my hands, I turned my body round to glare at him. Bucky smirks popping the sweets into his mouth. Zemo clears his throat "how can you be so sure?" he challenges, Bucky rolled his shoulder "cause I know when I'm being followed" his hisses back. Zemo drops his towel onto the back of the couch "it was nice of you to defend me at least" he smiles, his robe opening a little more to expose his chest. Sam swivels his stole to face Zemo "hey, shut it. No one is defending you. You killed Nagel" he points out before turning back to face me. Bucky pulls out his phone, scrolling through the endless News notifications. He looks up at me and sighs "Sam, Karli bombed a GRC supply depot" Bucky announces and looks back down at the screen.

"What? What's the damage?" I rub my hands over my face and shake my head "eleven injured, three dead. They have a list of demands and are promising more attacks if those demands aren't met" Bucky murmurs. My heart drops to my stomach, she's killing innocent people and there's no coming back from that. I slip off of the island onto my feet in front of Bucky "she's getting worse." Zemo states, sipping his drink. I glance over at him and grit my teeth, he turns around and moves to stand in front of me, his eyes searching mine "I have the will to complete this mission, do the three of you?" he wonders, tucking a strand of blonde hair behind my ear. As he pulls his hand back, Bucky's metal hand wraps around his wrist "you don't touch her. Ever." the rooms silent for a moment before Zemo nods and retracts his hand. 

"Karli's just a kid" I mutter crossing my arms over my chest "you're seeing something in her that isn't there Clementine. You're clouded by it, she's a supremacist" Zemo says, his eyes darting between the three of us before continuing "the very concept of the super-soldier serum will always trouble people, its warped aspiration that led to Nazis, to Ultron, and to Avengers" he adds waving his hand between Sam and me. "You're talking about our friends" Sam reminds him "the avengers, not the Nazis" Bucky feels the need to clarify. I look back at him to see him resting against the counter, his head hung low "there has to be a peaceful way to stop her" I say looking back at Zemo. 

"The desire to become superhuman can not be separated from supremacist ideals, anyone who takes that serum is inherently on that path. She will not stop and she will escalate until you kill her or she kills you" Zemo tells us, his eyes darkening as he spoke. Bucky slammed his glass down "maybe you're wrong Zemo, the serum never corrupted Steve" he snaps. Zemo holds up his hand with a smile "touche, but there has never been another Steve Rogers, has there?." 

I turn away from the three men and head over to the couch, throwing myself down into the corner and snuggling myself into the cushions. Bucky rolls his neck before gravitating over to the couch too "maybe we should give him to the Wakandans right now" he mocks sitting down next to me. "when I was a kid my TT passed away" Sam explains. Bucky shoots me a confused look "don't look at me, I don't know what he's talking about" I mutter shrugging 

"Your TT? Who is your TT?" Bucky repeats, resting his head back. Sam rolls his eyes at us "fine, my aunt passed away when I was a kid, and the entire neighborhood got together to have like a week-long ceremony. Maybe it's the same for Donya." I nod in agreement "it's definitely worth a shot" Zemo turns to look at Sam with a smirk "your TT would be proud of you. Turkish delight?" he offers, and throws a sweet to Sam and then turning to Bucky and me "irresistible."