V: Step To Reality

"Um, Lake? I think you have some explanation to do."

"Oh, you're right. About that Flockya thing..."

He then proceeded to explain it all. Skye had taken care of the blood in Nathan's face from Demille's punch, which he seemed very grateful about. On the other hand, Lake didn't have the time (and interest) to check on him. He was always really stealthy and very aware of their surroundings, and he constantly checked on Skye as well. It reached a point where she was close to feeling uncomfortable. But at the same time, she felt safe.

"Flockya is how all of this world is called," he continued. "The name is not known because it slowly faded away... Actually, no. It faded away pretty quick, now that I think about it." He liked to talk to himself out loud.

"It goes a long way back. Back when Flockya was divided into two tribes, Light and Darkness. There were two kings, Lumi and Foscor. They reigned in peace, but it all went downhill when this Demille dude arrived. He was filled with pride from his past life, and he wanted to keep that feeling in his veins. He ended up destroying everything, he even murdered both of the kings, just so that he could take it all for himself. Thankfully, someone else arrived to Flockya at the same time as Demille did. She is known by most children of Light by the name of Samira."

"Wait, Samira? I remember that name! I've seen her before!" Skye said enthusiastically.

"Well, I guess that explains a lot then, but allow me to continue." Lake said respectfully. "Believe it or not, Flockya is in a state of war right now. Demille has been haunting thousands of innocent children of Light so that he can gain a power that would let him take control over everything. Samira has hidden this power very well, but she can't hide it forever. That's why I've been trying to help her, even though I've never seen her. Which reminds me..."

"Oh? What is it, Lake?" Nathan asked curiously.

"Oh, actually, Nathan," Lake replied. "Could you, um, leave us alone for a moment?"

"Sure thing!"

"Just keep going forward. You'll find my sister at the end of the hall." And so Nathan did as he said.

"Wait, you have a sister?" Skye asked now that they were alone.

"Yeah! Emily's the name, and she's been really helpful keeping my spirits up. Though I wished she wasn't here. There's no need for her to be here. She could be back in her past life, happy..."

"What do you mean past life?"

"I'd tell you, but I honestly don't think you are ready for it. Anyways, back to the main point." Lake took a deep breath and held Skye's shoulder.

"Listen, Skye. I don't want to scare you or make you nervous, but... You are in grave danger. You have the power I talked about before. You can purify things no one else can. Samira chose you, Skye."

"Wh-What!? So, what am I supposed to do?"

"You must stay safe, and I can help you with that. Demille will eventually come, considering the fact that Nathan is with us. But when he does, we will be ready. We MUST be ready. And I'll make sure it goes that way. I..."

He stayed silent for a moment, and he lowered his head. Before Skye could react, Lake hugged her with a lot of strength.

"I don't want him to hurt you, Skye..."

Skye was a little shocked at this. She honestly wasn't expecting such a nice treatment from someone that still was a stranger for her. She felt something weird in her heart, but she ignored it. She just lifted her arms and hugged him back.