The Prayer

"Darling... You can be free. You can continue with your life. I'm sure I can find a way to move on. Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Why wouldn't I be? I've always loved you, and that will never change. So please, let me stay with you until you feel better..."

The young boy had been diagnosed with a lethal disease. The chances of him living were really low, but his mind was determined, and deep inside he believed that he could live. He was too young to die. He had so much to live for...

"Honey, could you do me a favor?"

"What is it?"

"Go outside, and make the prayer for me. Do it with the devotion I know you hold for me. And don't cry when you do, I know you are stronger than that."

"Yes, my darling. I'd do anything for you."

The young girl stepped out of the hospital room and walked her way to the garden. It was a cold night, and she was the only girl in the hospital along with the patients in there. She looked at the dark sky and felt the breeze blow through her hair.

"My sweetheart... This is for you."

She knelt and closed her eyes. She was ready to make the prayer, and so she did.

"Dear gods up above, I beg for you to listen to me. I have never done anything bad, nor has my beautiful couple. We have done nothing to disappoint you. And I think it's time you reward us back. Please, let him live. Let him stay with me. Don't let my heart be broken... For this and a lot more, I beg you. Please let my prayer be heard. May the light be with him..."

She felt like tearing up, but she didn't.

"Anything for my boyfriend..."

She got up and looked at the stars. She was positive that her prayer would be heard. And with a smile in her face, she went back to the hospital room.

"I did it, honey! I prayed for you!"

"Thanks, my darling. I know everything will be ok!"

She laid beside him and gave him a peck in the cheek.

"You will be ok... There's no way you won't get through this."

She cuddled with him, and they slept for the rest of the starry night.