VIII: Encounter

Everything will be ok, little girl. You'll wake up before you can even realize your heart is different...

~

"Anything you need Luna?"

"Not at all! Thanks for asking." She said with a smile.

They all walked through the never-ending hall, hoping that something would eventually appear at the distance. Eli seemed to be tired, and all that Penny could do now was cheer him up and take care of him.

"I'm... Starting to think that maybe this isn't worth it." Eli said, exhausted.

"What are you saying? What if she is at the end?" Penny said, doing her best to be positive.

"But what if she isn't? What is she... What if something happened to her!? What if we can't do anything anymore?"

"Don't say things like that! She has to be ok, she has to!"

"But what if she isn't, Penny? I... I don't know anymore..."

Eli dropped his knees to the floor and sighed. He wanted to cry, but he didn't even have the energy for that. He closed his eyes, and he only felt Penny's arms wrap around him.

"I... I'm sorry. I'm just tired, I need a break." He said as he laid his head in Penny's shoulder.

"You take as much time as you need! I'll be here if you need anything." Luna said as she was a little worried.

"Everything will be ok, you two. Perhaps taking a break would be good for the two of you."

They both nodded, and they sat down against a wall to rest. For a moment, they felt in peace. They forgot about how urgent this problem was, but perhaps this was necessary for them to be ok as well.

They talked with Luna, who apparently was what she seemed to be. She was just a normal child of Light that had been captured and controlled by Demille to find Skye. But fortunately, she had always been against his evil actions and intentions, which made it easier for her to escape his slavery. She was also pretty good at fighting, which was something that he taught her. Demille definitely wasn't expecting her to escape, but it was all for a good cause. She was in safe hands now, and she couldn't be happier about that.

Hours passed, and they kept resting. Penny kept hugging Eli, and he would play with her hair as he breathed deeply.

"Hmmm, what about we check all these books that are in the walls? Perhaps there's something interesting in them!" Luna said as boredom started to flow in her veins.

"Oh! Sure! That doesn't sound like a bad idea."

They stood up and looked around for something interesting. As Eli searched through the endless hall and all its shelves, he remebered why they were here.

"I'm still worried..." Eli said. "If I see Demille another time, he's DEAD. I don't plan on having mercy anymore."

"I won't either! I don't know how to fight like you do, but I remember a few things from when he used to control me and, you know, the fight we had." Penny said.

"Pffft, I don't wanna remember that, it was a nightmare!" He said as flashbacks flooded his mind. "But, if you think about it, we wouldn't be together if none of that happened... Perhaps it was meant to be, love!"

"Ah, being cute and lovely as always! I couldn't have found anyone better!"

She gave him a kiss on the cheek, and he blushed in return. He looked at her beloved, lost in her beautiful eyes. Their lips slowly collided, and as they did a familiar voice caught them off guard.