VI: The Dark Clash

"Sh-She was here the last time I saw her! She shouldn't be far away from here!"

"Well, I guess we better start looking."

They looked around every corner of the Sanctuary, hoping for at least a clue of where she could be. Eli was wearing his dark outfit, to which Penny wasn't completely used to yet. However, it did make him look different, unique, even powerful. Penny held his hand and looked at him, worried about her friend. However, he looked determined, as if resolve was the only thing in his mind.

"There's no way she could have went up, right?" Eli wondered.

"I don't think so. Maybe she just took a path we don't know about." she replied.

"Check every corner and wall. There must be something hidden around here."

Unconsciously, they were on the right track. Not even Skye noticed it in the moment, but she and Liv passed through a secret passage only the guy knew about. They looked and looked, rubbing their fingers through everything they saw. However, they never found the sweet spot.

"Maybe they just left this place," Eli thought. "We should look around in other realms. We might be just wasting time here."

"That does make sense. We should get going then!" she replied.

As they wanted to make their way back to their Home, something peculiar happened. The path was blocked, covered by some strange looking tarr.

"Wait... Something is not ok." Eli whispered.

"I haven't seen something like this since... Wait, WHAT!?" Penny said shocked.

"WATCH OUT!"

The tarr suddenly started moving and grabbed Penny's arms. She tried to get off, but it was too strong. Eli desperately took his knife and tried to cut them, but it was useless. They would just regenerate again. He tried pulling her away from the dark mess trapping her, but it was a failure. Instead, he caught himself in the tarr as well.

"What is this!? Who's there!?" Eli screamed with fury, but the response was something he hated.

They could both hear footsteps approaching, along with an ominous laugh. Eli closed his eyes, trying to unleash his true power, but something inside him told him that it wasn't the time for it just yet. When he opened his eyes, he was right in front of him. As scary and big as they remembered him.

"It's a pleasure to see you both again, Eli and Penny..." Demille said.

"Wha- How- WHY ARE YOU ALIVE!?" Penny screamed desperately.

"Ah, dear... There is no need to worry about that."

"DON'T EVER CALL ME THAT AGAIN, YOU DISGUSTING BEAST!"

"Seems like somebody's mad here, right?" he said as he laughed.

"Listen, I don't have a lot of time to waste. You better tell me where Skye is or you will pay for it."

"We don't know where she is. The thing that matters right now is, how are you here!? Didn't we kill you back then!?" Eli screamed at him.

"You at least thought you did. But as I said, I'm in a bit of a rush right now..."

Demille controlled the tarr and pushed Penny to her. She grabbed her hostage and pulled out his sword.

"If you don't tell me where she is, your little girlfriend is going to pay for it!"

"I said I don't know! Let her go now!"

"LIKE IF I WAS GONNA BELIEVE THAT! TELL ME NOW OR SHE'LL FEEL MY WRATH!"