I: The Beginning

"And when I thought it was all over, BAM! Penny comes out of nowhere and makes Hex rush into him! It was over from that precise moment, but this brave girl right here made sure it was truly the end." Said Eli as he hugged Penny, who was shining as bright as a star. "So she took the knife and stabbed him! And well, I think you know the rest of it."

"I absolutely do." Said Skye. "How many times have you told me the story? Twenty? Maybe even more..."

"I just can't get over it! It was amazing! It definitely made things a lot more interesting than they were already." He said as he reached euphoria. Perhaps this much happiness wasn't healthy for him. "Oh! Did I told you when I-"

"Dropped to the floor in pain and somehow got up even stronger? Yes. You did." She said as she sighed. "And also the part where you saw Penny become an angel. I know all of it now, no need to repeat it."

"I'm pretty sure I'm missing a lot of things though!" And so he went on for minutes, maybe even hours.

"Then my cape was full of blood, but I actually liked the way it looked... ...And we ended up being in the Ether! It was terrifying... ...And the beast tried to eat us alive! How crazy is tha-"

"Eli, stop!" She said rudely. "I don't wanna hear it again! I did already, jeez!"

"Woah, calm down Skye!" Said Eli as the happiness he held inside switched roles with concern.

"What do you mean calm down!? Don't you have something else to talk about!? I'm sick of it!"

She stomped her feet to the ground and walked away from the place. She ended up being on her own, sitting beside the sea.

"I don't think I can take it anymore. It's the same thing, over and over again... There has to be something I can do. Anything would do!"

She heard footsteps from the far away coming closer. She was mad, but it was understandable. Hearing the same thing over and over again isn't as nice as it sounds. Eventually, the steps could be heard besides her.

"I don't wanna hear it, Eli. I told you this before. Why do you keep doing it? I feel left out, and you know that. So why do you kee-"

"Wait, you do?" Penny asked.

Skye didn't even bother to see who it was that approached. She was used to hearing Eli's apologies, but it sure got annoying. But this time, it wasn't Eli that was beside her.

"Wait, Penny!" She couldn't help getting shocked. "Oh dear, I didn't mean to say those things! I'm sorry! Don't feel bad about me! I'm ok!"

"Skye..."

Penny sat down beside her and hugged her. She closed her eyes and buried her heard on Skye's shoulder. The two of them were calm, and the anger Skye held inside slowly faded between all the peace that came rushing in. A hug was more than enough to make her feel loved.

"I knew I shouldn't have arrived. This is all my fault. I'm sorry, Skye." Said Penny as she dropped a tear.

"What? No!" Skye replied. "Everything has been better because of you! You don't have to be sorry about anything!"

"But, what about you? It feels like I pushed you away now that you said that."

"But it's not your fault! It's just that, Eli has changed because of, you know, everything. I understand why, but it just doesn't feel ok. It feels like I'm stuck here, and I want to move on..."

Penny rubbed her shoulder and hugged her even tighter. Skye felt safe, and she dropped a few tears because of the comfort.

"Maybe you need to be on your own for some time. How about exploring the realms on your own?"

Skye looked up into Penny's eyes and wondered about what she just said. Would it be fun? Would it actually help her? Or would it just be a waste of time that would make her angrier? No matter the risks, the idea wouldn't get off Skye's head once it got in.

"M- Maybe I could try it." She said as she got scared. Deep inside, she was afraid of going far away on her own. She hugged Penny back, and she sighed.

"But, what if I get lost? What if I can't come back? Penny, I'm scared..." She sobbed.

"Then maybe I can go with you!" Penny said with a smile. "Come on, it could be fun!"

"Are you sure? Would you do that?" Skye asked politely.

"Of course I would! It would be fun for me as well. It's been some time since I last saw these places with my own eyes, haha!" Penny replied.

Skye was a little concerned, but she thought that it could be pretty fun in the end. She took a look at her necklace and grasped it. She had made up her mind.

"Okay then! Let's do it!" She said with a smile. Penny was happy to see that, and she went to Eli to tell him the plan.

A little explanation later, everything was ready to happen. Penny gave Eli one last goodbye kiss, and Skye gave him a really cold hug. She was still mad.

"Be careful out there, ok? Have fun!" Eli said with a smirk.

"We will be!" Both said back.

They made their way into the Grasslands and began their exploration. Skye was ready, her cape brighter than ever and with the beauty of an angel...