IX: Rising Risks

"Wh- Why are you here? Are you ok!?" Eli said as he stepped back from his foe.

"Yeah! I'm ok, but please stop fighting! He's not a bad guy!" She screamed as she still ran towards him.

"Wait... Really?"

His eyes turned back blue, showing relief. He put his knife away, and so did the still mysterious guy.

"I'm so sorry! I really didn't mean to!" Said Eli, worried that we had given a bad impression.

"I should be the one who's sorry. I shouldn't have been aggressive from the start." The guy said.

"Also, you can call me Eli."

"Call me Liv."

They both looked at Skye, who seemed to be happy that they had fixed things pretty quick. Eli was able to catch a smirk soon enough. He felt comfortable, and he acted the way he always does.

"Well, I guess the Sanctuary is always full of surprises isn't it? Haha!"

"Huh? Sanctuary? Isn't that back in Praire?" Liv thought.

"Eh? What are you talking about?" Penny asked.

"I guess there is a lot of things I have to explain then..."

They all talked and introduced themselves, creating a pretty big team in which all members had the same objective: taking Demille down. Liv explained things that the rest didn't know about and were mentioning. For example, the ancient and therefore the real names of all realms (Isle of Dawn, Daylight Praire, Hidden Forest...). He mentioned things that weren't meant to be known, but they had gone too far to not deserve an explanation of everything that was happening.

"...And now we're here, trying to take that dark bastard down."

"Woah... And I thought I had been here for a really long time." Eli said.

"Well, I guess it's up to us to fix all that mess, right?" Asked Luna.

"Yep. But specially, it's up to you too." He said as he looked at Skye and Eli.

"Wha... Us?" They both us asked.

"Mmhm! You have the power to take Demille down. I'd never met someone more powerful than me, I just know it has to be you." He said as he pointed at Eli. "And you..."

He pointed at Skye, speechless. He took a deep breath and looked at the ground.

"...I guess I already told you. Just... Don't give up."

"I know she won't, and count that I will do everything I can." Eli said with a smirk.

"I will as well!" Penny said.

"And me!" Luna added.

Soon enough, everyone was shouting "And me!". It was a united team, and all of them had a special characteristic. At this rate, nothing or no one was going to stop them.

"Well, I guess it's up to playing the waiting game now." Liv said as he sat down. But as he did, he felt a rumble coming from the floor.

"Wha... Who did that?"

"Not me. It must have been something from afar." Luna said.

"No... No, no, NO! Something isn't ok!" Liv screamed.

"What is it!?" Skye said, worried yet trying to keep her cool.

"There's never rumbling around here. Something evil has to be near!"

"If that's the case, I guess it's a good chance to train for when Demille arrives. I'll take care of it!" Said Eli as he ran towards the rumbling.

"Wait! Don't go by yourself!" Penny told him.