???

It is said that children of Light grow to become angels, destined to protect those who are on their way to their ascension. However, there are some children that grow to ascend even higher. Not to become angels, but to grow and evolve as gods...

~

Eli's Ascension

Everything was at peace at once. Skye and Oliver always stayed around each other, while Nathan and Emily made a really cute and funny friendship that neither of them thought was possible. Penny had also created a stronger bond with Luna, who seemed to gain more confidence every time she talked with her. Everyone was calm for once, except for one person...

... Eli.

Eli had always been the most positive out of all the team, but that changed with time. He seemed to be confused, lost, concerned. He would be away from everyone, on his own, wandering through his own thoughts. And since he didn't really mention anything about it, no one took the time to check if he was truly okay or not. A few weeks of this happened, until Penny finally decided it was time to check if something was wrong.

She looked for him at their home, but he wasn't there. She checked the Eye of Eden, but later on she realized that there was no reason for him to be there. She checked the Isle, the Praire, the Forest... He was nowhere to be found.

She was starting to get tired, but as she walked through the Vault she decided to call his name.

"Eli... Where are you?" She said with a soft tone.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, exhausted. But as she did, she figured it out. She felt a strange heat coming from afar, and there was either two reasons for it: a new fire had begun, or it was her beloved. It came from the hall where the great fight had occured months ago, so it had to mean something. She followed the heat, excited of what she could find. Every step she took was full of curiosity, to the point where she started running. And just as she had expected, she saw her boyfriend training with a resolve she had never seen before.

"Ah, there you are!" She said with a smile.

"Woah!"

He turned around and threw swirls of fire around her. He, luckily enough, realized it was just Penny. They spinned around her, making her look powerful. They then flew back to his arms, and they gently disappeared as Eli's eyes turned blue again.

"Why have you been away, honey?" She asked.

"Wait, have I? I didn't really notice." Eli said.

"I don't blame you. Perhaps something has happened that we don't know about?"

"Well, now that you mention it..."

He started walking around the hall, creating little swirls of fire that would fly around the room. Penny's eyes glowed because of how impressed and happy she was, but she still had her eyes on Eli.

"This power... It has to mean something, right?"

"You could be right. But, what exactly would it mean?"

"That's the question! Maybe getting this power was, I don't know, a casualty? Or maybe my own power development made me create this? Or something or someone granted me this power?"

All the swirls in the room suddenly disappeared. He looked at Penny, determined but confused.

"Am I supposed to wait for something? Or should I just move on, Penny?"

She thought about it for some time, thinking of what would be the best for him. Perhaps it all meant something, but what if it didn't? It was a really big weight that had been put on her back, but she thought she had figured it out.