23

(Louis' Pov)

'Today has been a good day, spending time with my family, and Liam of course which is basically my family, has definitely helped me come to terms with some things. Well atleast I thought so...my family and I cooked dinner together and I got pretty much all the information about the baby! I'm so excited to be an uncle I love the baby so much already. Lottie is due in 6 months which means she's 4 months pregnant, also she isn't far along enough to find out the gender yet. I haven't found out much about the father though, it seems like a sensitive subject and I dont want to cause anything to go bad. But thats not my point of focus, all I'm worried about right now is if she's happy. We watched some old reality TV show together and then decided to go off to bed for the night. Lottie had her own room, Phoebe and Daisy had separate rooms but Phoebe is sleeping with Daisy tonight so Liam and I can sleep in her room. I'm letting Liam sleep in her bed and I'm sleeping on her little sofa couch that folds out into a cot. It's actually not that bad! And thats when It went south. I had a dream she was back, I was living through it again and it wasn't good. Everything, every emotion felt amplified and stronger. I felt smothered and crushed at the same time and that's when I sat up. 'You alright mate?' Liam turns over and asks. 'Eh yeah you know first night in a new bed is always the hardest.' I tell him. He accepted my excuse and turned back over and fell back asleep. I quietly tip toed down the hallway making sure not to wake up the girls or Liam. '𝑰 𝒎𝒆𝒕 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒘', '𝑨𝒍𝒍 𝒘𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒉𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒔 𝒊𝒕', '𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒆𝒇𝒕 𝒎𝒆', lines that she told me continued to play through my head over and over again. A cycle of pain through my chest hitting me over and over again until I just couldn't take it anymore. I was in the living room now and I opened the front door and walked outside. I sat down on the concrete and took a few breaths. I feel better. I've always liked the dark but not because it shunned away the light, but because it meant night had come, and it meant I could sit outside and stop and close out the world around me and make a reality where everything could finally be perfect, there's always an odd melancholy silence that makes me feel content, it makes me feel as if nothing during these moments could affect me, no commotion, no stress, no panic, just the pitch black darkness with the beautiful speckled starts above me. And that's what always without a doubt calmed me down. I lay back for a while and stare at the stars. Trying to count them all but theyre endless. It feels like it's been hours but it's actually only been 45 minutes. I decided to go back inside and lay down again. Going through the same routine of tip toeing down the hallway and laying back on the cot. Then I think to myself, the world fools us into thinking it is kind by giving us people to love, then it takes them from us, proving just how cruel it really is.

(No Pov) 'he drifts off to sleep accepting that it had to end up this way, but never understanding why.'