Chapter 9: show down

This guy, Tendo is strong, he blocked my attack with his cursed tool, how can he react this fast, I was sure that I was in a blind spot, there is no way he saw me,

- You're good kid but you should let the adult handle this matter.

Anko tries to kick him but he dodge and put some distance between us,

- that kind of attack won't work on him, says Tendo.

- what do you mean? Is he that good in close combat?

- yeah he is, but the real problem is his cursed technique, danger detection, that technique allow him to detect any direct danger, and it also alllows him to know what part of his body is in danger.

- So surprise attacks won't work on him, in that case we will use speed, we use quick attack that he won't be able to dodge or block.

- Come on man, don't put my technique out there like that, you know I don't like it, but I like this kid's mind set, I'd like to see you try that plan.

- Don't let him fool you, he is too strong at close combat, none of us have a chance, but I have a plan of my own, Ojiro you just have to make a frontal attacks, one after another.

Does he intend to use me as a decoy after all from what I understood this guy is after me, for him all this is nothing but a game, and Ojiro wants to put me on the front line, I guess I'll just have to trust him. I draw my sword and start my approach against Tendo, he decide to attack too, when our weapon are about to clash, Anko's chain appear out of nowhere and Tendo dodge it but by looking at his stance I can tell that he is off balance, I take advantage of the situation and attack him, he dodge again( is this guy a monkey or something, how can he dodge my attack while standing on one leg, I'm starting to doubt our chances of winning this fight), but this time I managed to wound him, even if the wound isn't deep,

- don't give him time to breath, screams Anko, keep attacking!

I follow his suggestion and continue my attack, just like before Anko attacks right before me, Tendo deflects Anko's attack, then he counter mine with his spear,

- the new shadow style has some good moves, but for some one who knows it like me, you are like an open book.

What he says kinda reminds me of what Fushiguro-senpai said before when we were training, " you tend to rely on your sword way too much, that's a bad habit that you need to correct but on the other hand you can use that at your advantage, because your opponent will be focused too on the sword, use that to attack them from another angle."

I follow what senpai told and take advantage of Tendo's attention on my sword and kick him with my leg reinforced with cursed energy, but it looks like he protected himself with cursed energy last minute, but since i have an enormous amount of cursed energy I managed to dealt some damages. Anko doesn't give him time to breath he attack right away, I follow him, now I'm starting to understand Anko's plan, he attacks before I attack just so he can jam Tendo's "danger detection", then I attack with that in mind, we do have a chance at wining against Tendo, we keep attacking, one assault after another and it pays off even if we dealing minor damages to our opponent, I can tell that it affecting him.

"ENOUGH!!!" Screams tendo while repelling us at the same time,

- Now I stop holding back and I'm going to attack you for real.

( wait a second he wasn't serious all this time? he has a stronger technique? We are in some real trouble)

- You know about my technique danger detection, it's only use is defense, how lame Seriously! But the one that i'm going to use is purely for offense, danger projection, this technique allow me to project all my blood lust at a person and with that that person will feel the danger coming, just like me with danger detection.

( that sounds like a lame technique i don't see how it is useful, unless...)

- by doing that, he continues, my simple attacks becomes deadly , don't you know that for a sorcerer to become stronger faster we use conditions well I did that same thing.

I know where he is going with this, by revealing his technique and how it works, it makes it even more effective, with his speed it gonna be a problem dodging his attacks, countering his technique is unthinkable, I mean he was like really strong to begin with now with that technique he might be like 10 times stronger than before.

After a short moment, he charges at Anko at a high speed and even if he is targeting Anko, I can feel his blood lust, for a moment I froze but I cannot let him attack Anko like that, even with his eye of midnight owl, he won't be able to resist to his attacks for long, he use long range attack with his chain but his opponent closes the gap between them like it's nothing, but unfornatly for Tendo he has 2 opponents and I wont let him kill my upperclassman, I decide to attack with new shadow style: batoo sword drawing, thanks to my technique I manage to close the gap and this time his reaction is slow, but he still manages to dodge the attack, but as soon as his feet touch the ground he attack again, this time he is targeting me and because of his technique I know he is targeting my abdomen, I'm off balance I won't be able to dodge his attack , so I decide to reinforce my abdomen with cursed energy to reduce the damages to a bare minimum, there it comes his devastating attack, but Anko comes between us last second, he takes the attack for me.

Shit there's blood everywhere, what can I do to stop the bleeding at this rate he will die in no time, I cannot let him die, if he does that would mean Ryu was right, I'm nothing but a weakling that hold other down, who is gonna get other people killed.

- you haven't changed Anko you're always ready to give your life for other people, but my target here is Ojiro Shimada.

He is moving toward where we are, damn it there is nothing I can do, if I decide to attack I'm not sure I can win, but if i just seat here I will loose that for sure. So what am I gonna surrender to this guy like this?!? How can I be this weak?!?

I'm suddenly brought back to earth by the sound of gun fire it's Manami, he has exorcised the curse already?

- you've finally showed up, Tendo Unohana.

- Terano Manami as expected you exorcised that special grade curse in no time, but do you think you are up for the challenge?

- I've got admit that I'm worn down from earlier battle but I'm pretty sure that me and Ojiro we can beat you together, You are pretty worn-out yourself.

- would you let Anko die there just so you can beat me?

- Ojiro get ready to fight!

- what about...

Before I finishes my answer he gives me the stink eye, I know now for a fact that he has the intention of fighting even if it means Anko would die,

- I guess I'm gonna have to leave you, I got other errands to run, see you.