Chapter 19: Let curse each other

What is this strange feeling? It is not fear or nervousness, it is more like a combination of excitement and impatience. My opponent look excited too, I can feel his aura, with all this pressure, the me from before would have surrendered the moment my eyes met his, but I've changed quiet alot,

- You shoudn't act though like that, starts Shinji, if you are weak, you should stay in your lane and avoid the strong!

What's up with him, he starting to sound like Ryu, and that just pisses me off!

- I don't understand where you're going with this? If you have something to say, say it!

- I'm talking about you acting though, that's just dumb, a weakling like you should know his place and stay there.

- Just shut up! I answer him, you don't know anything about me!

- I don't know anything about you? He ask sarcastically, you are a 4th grade aren't you? Do you really think that you stand a chance against me, just so you know I'm not planning on holding back.

- Don't worry, I wasn't counting on that!

While we are talking principal kamo came back after checking on the previous fighters,

- The rules are the same as before, start the principle, If you're ready we can start.

- All set here, lets get the party started! Screams Shinji.

- I'm ready too, we can start. I say as I take my guard.

"Okay, let the fight begin", declares principal Kamo, just as he say that blue flames appear in Shinji's palm, he preparing to launch his first attack.

Ignite, that's the name of the hereditary technique of the Manami clan. Just like the Inumaki's, the Manami clan is an influential clan, that is outside from being in the top 3 like the Zenin or the Kamo. Ignite is a cursed technique that uses cursed energy as fuel, the more the cursed spirit the stronger the flames and it cannot burn something without cursed energy, it is a cursed technique that is specializes in fighting cursed spirit.

- Ignite: raging flames!

So if I follow the logic, I just have to suppress my cursed energy to avoid being burnt. I'll take this gamble without thinking twise, I stay there in my position and suppress my cursed energy, while his raging flames comes my way.

And I was right! When the flames fade away I am okay,

- Oh it looks like you know about my cursed technique, huh!?! He says.

Hereditary technique are powerful and more than that there's someone to guide you every step so that you can become stronger and faster too, but the drawback is, other sorcerer learn how it works and come up with a way to counter it.

- What can I say..., I respond, I did my homeworks.

Now that I know how to deal with hid cursed technique I can focus of how to land my own attacks, and I have the perfect technique for that. But before I have a chance to do anthing, Shinji launches another one of his attacks, but now I know that as long as I suppress my cursed energy, I won't be hurt, so I proceed with the suppression of my cursed energy, but before the flames fades away I'm punched in the face really hard, the punch sends me flying,

- Ahaha..., so you thought that suppressing your cursed energy would make you win the fight, huh?!? Says that bastard, sorry to disappoint you but that is just the starting point.

The flames blinded me, and he use that as a cover to come close to attack me. At the beginning of this fight I thought that close combat would be the best call but now after that punch, I'm starting to think that keeping my distance is the best strategy here.