Chapter One

"You can't be serious right now. How come- Father!" Y/N exclaimed crossing her arms.

"It's not up for argument. Every princess like you has gone through training and lessons like this before. Your mother included."

"Times have changed though, and mom used to tell me stories of how much she hated it," she groaned slouching in her stance.

"Well, your mother was hard headed, God bless her, just like you. But she came back with the mindset of a Queen. Plus, she didn't hate it like you think she did," he explained. "Maybe they can teach you like they did her on how to use that beautiful stubborn head of yours to come at things more as a royal."

"Father-"

"Tony, maybe she's right. Times have changed and I can teach her," Pepper intervened, resting a hand on Y/n's father's arm knowing that the two of them arguing over something long enough, led to a screaming match eventually. Sometimes worse...

"I'm not putting that on you. She will go to the boarding school like every royal before and learn her skills and knowledge there," he shook his head, turning to her and letting out a sigh. "Anyway, I think she's going to need more discipline than you would be comfortable giving."

"Tony-"

"I'm done discussing it. I've already arranged for the carriage tomorrow to pick you up and take you across the country to the school." He turned to the young  14-year-old princess giving her a look of sorrow, but also showing he wasn't going to budge. "I'm sorry bug, but it's for your own good."

"I have no say in this. I don't see any good in that," Y/N responded with venom dripping as she spoke each word.

The princess turned on her heel away from the king and her stepmom's seats and made her way to her room in a rage.

Once she was out of the giant entrance doors to the throne room, Tony let out a long sigh before motioning for the guards to follow.

"Make sure she gets to her room. I don't need her trying to escape again."

They nodded at the command, and two guards walked to follow her as two new ones took their place at the entrance.

"Don't get down on yourself, Tony. She's just not sure what to expect. Every girl acts like this when they're told they have to go," Pepper tried reassuring him.

"I know, but you know her, Pep. She's going to make this difficult. She's always had the rebellious side like her mom," he said rubbing his temples.

"Yes, but look how she turned out. Mara was one of the best queens this kingdom had. She was the queen all others hoped to be at some point in life. Even if just a sliver of her personality and knowledge."

"Yes, that's true." he said looking to the doors his daughter had stomped out of. "Doesn't make me less worried."

"That's the dad in you though. Always worrying." She giggled before sitting up and brushing her dress down. "I'm going to go check on Morgan and tuck her in. I'll see in you bed darling."

She leaned down giving her husband a swift kiss before turning and nodding at the guards and leaving the room.

Tony let out another long sigh thinking about his eldest daughter.

"She's going to hate me forever," he groaned, rubbing a hand down his face.
_________

"I can't freaking believe this." Y/N huffed bringing her knees up to her chest as she rested her forehead on them.

"Whoa, language," a voice said from below.

Y/N looked over seeing that her closest best friend was making his way up the vine's that led to the roof of her room. This was her hiding spot when she was told to go to her room, but didn't want to fully listen to the command so she would sneak onto the roof top and watch the castle work around her.