Chapter Fourteen

As she was sitting in the bath, eyes closed, lavender smells taking up the space, and fingers becoming prunes... It hit her.

"Oh my god!" she said shooting up from her relaxed spot. "That's it."

She jumped from the water, splashing droplets on the ground, and ran for a towel. She grabbed her robe, went straight to her closet, and put on the first dress she saw to go downstairs.

Luckily, she had pulled up her hair and hadn't got it wet, so it was in the curls she had been wearing all day just a little more wild.

Going into the throne room with two books in hand, she barged in hoping to see her father.

Only, he wasn't in there like normal.

"Tony-The king!" she said running over to a guard stationed in the area. "Where is King Stark?"

"Last I heard he's in his lab or study your highness." The young guard said taken aback at the approach.

"Thank you!" she's shouted picking up her dress and running the opposite direction.

Bucky saw the last bit of it, and looked down seeing Y/N in full sprint in heels before she turned a sharp corner.

"What did the princess want?" he asked the guard.

"Uh, she was looking for the King, Captain Barnes." he responded.

"It's Sergeant Barnes. Captain Rogers is back." Bucky said never looking away from where she had ran to. "What did she want of her father? Did she seem angry or upset?" he said looking at the guard now and curious with wide eyes. This was the first time she had looked so urgent about things in a while.

"I'm not sure sir. If I had to guess, she looked more excited than anything."

"Excited?"

"Yeah, like she has big news or just discovered something." The guards shrugged.

"Really? And she was looking for her father?" Bucky said confused.

"That's what she said. Is everything alright sir?"

"Yeah." Bucky shook his head. "Yeah, I just- I just need to go find someone." he said stepping back and making his way to the training facility.

___

"So if we formulate that, then we should have a new weapon for-" Tony was explaining to Peter who was standing right next to him in the lab looking over his shoulder.

"Anthony!" Y/N's voice came out of nowhere in a shout grabbing the attention of the two men.

"Y/N?" he questioned confused why she was talking to him. She hadn't spoke more than 3 words to him in a week or more. "What-What are you doing-?"

"I figured it out." she said with a straight face catching her breath.

"Figured what out?" he asked putting down the tool.

"Well-" she started, but she looked up seeing a very lost and nervous Peter looking in between them. "Maybe it's best we speak in private." She smiles as if putting on a face for the young man.

"Right." Tony nodded picking up on the gesture. "Peter, come back later tonight, and I'll show you the finished product on this new tech." he smiled. "Take the rest of the guards out of here too. They can stand watch outside the doors."

Peter nodded following instructions, and waving the soldiers to follow. Only stopping to bow and say a quick, 'your highness' to Y/N who nodded her head.