Chapter Sixteen

The next day, Y/N and the girls worked on scheduling a meeting with Prince Summers. Apparently, he was heading into town anyway, so it all ended up working in Y/N's favor for the meeting she was needing to have with him.

Nat and Wanda got her dressed in the kingdoms colors, and did her hair for the day. She looked ready to take on whatever was thrown her way like the queen she was to become. Her dress was a dark red, long sleeve, belted dress, and a gold crown across her forehead. Her hair was pulled into a high ponytail flowing down her back and braided on the sides to add a little flare.

Towards the middle of the day, the three went to go meet the King and the Prince to let him in on the change of plans

"Prince Scott. It's nice to see you again. I'm sorry for how we left things the last time we were together." Y/N said in a poised manner, making her way into what was practically the conference room of the castle.

"It's fine. The news is shocking for everyone I believe. It's hard to come to terms with the whole arrangement no matter how long we had to prepare," he said with a kind smile bowing and taking her hand to gently press a kiss to it before looking up at her.

"Yes, well I should have handled it better. After all we were raised to come to this point. I shouldn't have been as taken aback as I was," she said almost embarrassed standing straight with him.

"Truly. Don't think too much of it. Your father said that you have something to discuss with me?" he said moving back into the room with her by his side. Both approaching Tony with Nat and Wanda staying off to the side.

"Right. It's a little out of the ordinary and I need you to understand how.... How do I say this?" she paused turning to him now standing by her father.

"It's not as conventional as most are used to." Tony spoke up.

Scott tilted a head to Tony then gave the same look to Y/N. "I'm sorry can you elaborate a little more? I'm kind of lost here." he said with a nervous chuckle.

Y/N turned to Tony letting out a long sigh before turning back to the prince.

"So..."

They told Scott basically the same thing that Y/N had ran to Tony about the day prior. She could sense Tony was still on edge about it, but understandably so considering things had been done the same way for so long. Scott seemed to be taking it in pretty ok. I mean if you count staring with your mouth slowly dropping with each comment ok.