Chapter Thirteen

A few more days went by of Y/N reading non-stop, and Tony trying to reach out to her, but somehow always missing her, or deciding on just giving her her space.

It had now been 1 month and 2 weeks since Steve was sent off. Y/N was throwing herself into her books even more lately becoming more and more scared that Steve's time away would continue to grow.

The only people she really talked to was Wanda and Nat. She was still angry with Bucky and Clint for hiding the truth, and well, she couldn't be mad at Sam because he was with Steve. If anything, she was grateful that he had someone. Hopefully they were keeping each other safe.

Y/N was out in the garden now. She had asked for alone time since Tony had heightened security with her ever since the last screaming match. He was scared she was going to make a run for it, and if she wouldn't let Tony keep an eye on her, he was for sure going to make sure someone was.

But even with guards at each entrance and exit, it still allowed her to have the garden to herself. No one else in it other than those who maintained it, and they were scattered out.

She was coming to her second favorite spot in the entire place. There was a small duck pond that sat in the middle, and a bench under a cherry blossom tree that overlooked the water. There weren't many ducks right now, since winter was on its way. It was reasonably cool, but not cold enough for anything other than a long sleeve dress.

Y/N's dress right now being one of her new favorites that Janet had just made. She was so thrilled after she finished it, she begged the princess to wear it once it started getting chillier. So, considering it was one of the first days with a nice cool breeze, and she would be outside, like she had been a majority of the time recently, Y/N granted her wish.

It was a light green gown with a thin red ribbon around the middle of the waist. Along the sides as well as the up the arms, the waist, and on the breast of the dress, little pink, red, and white flowers made of lace speckled over it. The sleeves had a flounce to them, and looked as if they were made of netting type material, but they were warm besides how they looked. Her hair was done in her natural curls that flowed to her mid back, and Nat had done a full fishtail braid down the middle with half of her hair pulled back.

(IMAGINE THE SLEEVES LONGER)

Y/N closed her eyes taking a deep breath as she meditated in nature. Feeling calm for once over the past month. That was until she heard a deep voice behind her that cause her to jump in her seat.

"Heard they're having a hard time getting you out of here."

She turned quickly at the familiar voice, and as soon as she saw the dark blonde hair, and crystal blue eyes, her smile turned into one that reached ear to ear.

"Steve!" she jumped running to him and immediately throwing herself in his arms.

He laughed and stumbled back at the reaction as he quickly moved his arms to catch her.