Chapter Eleven

The next morning, Y/N rose with the intention to talk with her father. She hadn't slept well knowing that Steve was most likely getting chewed out by him as she laid in bed. So she woke early to have another little talk with Tony.

"Y/N. Today's your day to sleep in and rest. What are you doing up so early?" Tony said noticing his very rushed looking daughter make her way towards him with a determined gleam in her eye.

"I know you sent out for him last night after you sent me to bed. I thought you said you would leave it be until we could all talk about it." she said skipping the small talk.

"Now Y/N-" he said getting stern with her once again.

"Tell me father. What all did you yell at him for? What more did you threaten him with?" she said crossing her arms over her chest and popping a hip.

"I don't know how this attitude of yours has gotten worse, but I'm not a fan of it young lady. You are a symbol of who this kingdom will see as their future queen and throwing tantrums like this is not royalty like nor mature for someone of your stature," he said with his lips in a straight line and brows furrowed.

"Maybe if my father treated me like the young lady I am, I would be able to act more like one. Instead, he decides to make all my decisions for me, and thinks not telling me about them wouldn't phase me." Y/N retorted.

"I thought we got this all out of our system last night Y/N." Tony groaned.

"I had time to sleep on it. Turns out I'm still not happy about it."

Then someone's throat cleared, and finally Y/N took in her surroundings. She turned seeing Clint and Bucky standing by the dining table where Y/N had marched over to her father.

"Right." Tony said looking down and running a hand over his face as he remembered his previous meeting. "You two know what to do. I trust you have things under control right James?" he asked discretely making Y/N curious.

"Have what under control?" she asked.

"None of your worries. Clinton, James, just make sure things stay normal. If any issues or threats come up, bring them to me before making any moves." Tony continued never looking her way.

"What's happening?" Y/N asked again looking at Bucky and Clint as they stared at the ground trying their best to avoid eye contact.

"Yes, sir," they said in unison.

"Thank you. You two are dismissed." Tony waved off before collapsing in his chair and rubbing his temples.

Even though Y/N wanted to shout back at her friends and demand an answer, she just turned back to her father who was now beginning to infuriate her with everything he was hiding from her.

"I feel as future queen I should know what you're being so secretive about."

"Maybe when you start acting like it, I will. Right now, you're acting like you did before the academy." he said through his teeth, clearly just as frustrated with her as she was with him.

"Funny. You still seem to be hiding just as many things from me as you did before the academy as well. Guess things haven't changed."

Tony looked up at the comment and if looks could kill, Y/N would be taking her last breath. But like father like daughter, she was giving the same look.

"I'm not discussing this with you any longer. You are taking the rest of the day away from royal duties, and can spend the rest of your day in your room for all I care."

"What? Are you grounding me?" she sassed.

Tony stood up and walked just inches from her.