Chapter Seventeen

2 months. 2 months had passed.

It consisted of nonstop work on Y/N's end to get the contract ready, and also to continue to learn how to run Alberia properly. Sure, she had been learning all that this whole time, and for the past 10 years, but it was different actually being at the castle doing hands on things.

There were meetings with other kingdoms. Meetings with the staff. Meetings with advisors and the law branch. Meetings with the army on how to keep security up. Meetings with the A-force to continue to train them when time came. More meetings upon meetings. It was insanely busy.

But everyone watched as the princess handled it with etiquette and poise. It was like she thrived on a busy schedules and finding solutions to problems big and small.

It became tiring at times, but every night when Steve and her would sneak off to the garden, or stay on her roof watching the stars for hours, she would get a new burst of energy. It was as if he was transferring his pride for her, to her. He would always just gloat and ooze with admiration around her about everything she was doing. She was making huge changes, and none so far had seemed to hit any snags.

Yes, they still had to keep their relationship a secret to the public eye, including a majority of the kingdom staff, but that made the late night talks so much better.

They got to be close and romantic with each other after stowing away their feelings all day, and then finally releasing them at night. They hadn't gone any further from some heated make-out sessions, but boy did they want to. They just weren't sure right now was the right time with how easy they could get caught.

Like the one time things got more heated than usual, and a maid knocked a little too quiet and almost caught them. Steve had to hide in the closet quickly while Y/N explained that she was just running around her room in a manic trying to 'find something'. Hence the crazy hair and disheveled clothes.

Lucky for them, the maid brushed it off, but they decided to wait it out and being careful was the better plan than chancing getting caught again. The rumors and consequences of a princess losing her virtue before marriage could wreck the kingdom.

Now, it was about two days before Prince Summers and his family came back to sign the official contract. It took a lot of modifying to get what both the kingdoms wanted, but lucky for the Starks, the Summers were easy going people and didn't try taking advantage of the change of events.

It was going to be a giant party. Well, ceremony, but anything Tony Stark throws that involves practically every nation and country in the land was a party. Or at least consisted of one at some point.

It was going to be a big, monumental, celebratory, and historic event. One of only five other kingdoms to sign a contract of alliance instead of arranging a marriage.

You wouldn't think it would be that low of a number, but Y/N had done her research. There were few out there, but some nonetheless.

"Change has to come at some point. Might as well be one of the first to make the motion." she had said.

So, to say the least, the whole castle was in a frantic rush to get things ready. And no. It hadn't started just two days before the ceremony. No. This whole week had been cooks, maids, decorators, assistants, and tailors running to get things prepared. Tony wanted it perfect.

"Ok, Y/N my dear. Turn for me." Janet said, putting a pin in her mouth as she looked at her handy work worn by the princess.

Y/N did a small twirl with her hands out as she let Janet take in the dress from all angles. Nat and Wanda on the sidelines moving it here and there when it got stuck or crumpled in anyway.