Chapter Seven

Sure enough, the next day came and Y/N found herself standing next to her father, Pepper, and Morgan waiting for the new King of Wakanda and his family. They were in the same spot Y/N was dropped off when she returned home those few days ago.

"I'm guessing we've stayed good allies with Wakanda if you see them as regularly as you do?" Y/N asked toward her father, but still kept her eyes forward as they saw the carriage far off in the distance approaching.

"Of course. Though, it was hard after T'Challa's father passed. Wise man that king was," Tony said in a moment of solitude.

"I still can't believe he's gone. T'Chaka was such a humble and down to earth man," Y/n said with a sad sigh.

"Yes, but he did a fine job raising T'Challa." Pepper said brightening the mood.

"Yes he did. The young man has been running their kingdom quite impressively. If he wasn't engaged to Nakia, I would be trying to set you up with him." Tony winked Y/N's way.

"Very funny father," she retorted rolling her eyes with a smile. "They've been set to marry since before they were born practically."

"I know. I should have got to the matching making ceremony on time," he joked. "Maybe you would already be engaged and on the way to marriage."

"Ok. Enough joking around. They're here." Y/N said with a forced laugh because she honestly hated the idea of being sold off for marriage practically. Tony may have been playing around completely, but a piece of it was still true.

Pulling around the front, was the carriage that screamed Wakanda. It was sleek, modern, and very technical looking. Two more pulled behind it. Guards and luggage and what not in those. Once the carriage had come to a stop, the footman came around and opened the door. T'Challa being the first one out.

"Ah, Y/N!" he said with open arms as soon as he spotted her. "Look at the flower you have blossomed into." he went in for the full hug, and she graciously accepted it wrapping her arms around the old friend and hugging him tight.

Once they pulled back, Y/N saw Shuri coming up behind her brother.

"Shuri! Oh my goodness look at you!" she squealed with glee.

Without hesitation, Shuri ran into Y/N's arms. She was 16 now like Morgan, and Y/N had always seen her as her adoptive sister.

"Princess Y/N. You look absolutely stunning!" Shuri said pulling back and holding Y/n at arms length. "This dress! Is it an Aunt Jay special?"

 "This dress! Is it an Aunt Jay special?"

"No other like it." Y/N said blushing at the comment and moving to where her dress flowed around her subtly.

"The woman always knows how to make people's jaw drop." Shuri winked before falling back.

"T'Challa," Tony said as him and the other king talked. "Shall we head in and begin our meeting?"

"Lead the way," He nodded.