14: Master of Flames

"You're awesome, Kinro!" Suika exclaimed, her cheeks flushed with joy as a big grin broke out on her face. "But it's not too convincing when you say it with that mask on."

Behind her, both Chrome and Senku nodded their heads in agreement with blank looks on their faces. Meanwhile, Ginro was cheering with his hands thrown in the air as he hopped from side to side in excitement. "Yay! Magma's all worn out! Kinro's going to win it!"

"We've already won, then!" Kaseki piped up from beside the blonde.

You, on the other hand, clapped your hands in glee, a bright smile spreading on your lips as you shouted, "Yay, Kinro did it! Looks like the odds are in our favour!"

Brown eyes were gleaming with hope as Chrome beamed at the good news, "Now we can give Ruri the cure-all!"

Meanwhile, back on the open field, Magma was still on his knees, wincing slightly from the pain as he raised his head to stare at Kinro with narrowed eyes. "Is that watermelon mask your sorcery? Isn't that against the rules?"

The brunette hesitated for a moment before admitting, "You're right. Even though it comes late, we'll have to confirm the rules."

"I can't move anymore," Magma responded with a helpless smile. "I can hardly even speak. The match is over. Ask Jasper, the referee. If he agrees, I'll accept my loss."

There was a soft smile on Suika's face as she glanced over to Magma with gentle eyes and commented, "I can't hear what they're talking about, but Magma's turned into a clean Magma."

However, the same couldn't be said for you as you stared at the blonde in suspicion, your brows furrowing as you mumbled, "I don't like the sound of this. Something doesn't feel right to me..."

Doing as suggested, Kinro turned to face Jasper and began to walk towards him while asking in a serious tone, "Referee, this mask was clearly thrown into the match by Suika in order to help me. Knowing that, I still wore it. If I've broken the rules, then I've lost."

Upon hearing that, Chrome let out a disappointed sigh as he said, "Damn it, you could just keep your mouth shut if it's going to hurt you."

"That's Kinro for you. He's so straight-laced." Ginro complained from beside the other teen.

Jasper didn't say anything for a second or two as he stared at Kinro with unwavering eyes before replying, "You didn't throw it at him or anything. The mask is just an article of clothing. Therefore, it's not a—"

However, before he could finish his sentence, he was cut off by a loud yell as Magma appeared behind Kinro with his weapon raised in the air and with his lips twisted into a sadistic grin, he aimed for the watermelon mask with all his strength.

Everyone watched with wide eyes as the mask shattered into many pieces while the force of the hit was hard enough to knock Kinro out, his body falling onto the ground with a loud crash.

Delighted laughter fell from Magma's lips as he proudly boasted, "I knew you'd go and ask! You're as proper as hell, after all, Kinro!"

Jasper said nothing but let out a small sigh and announced, "Winner: Magma!"

Immediately, loud cries broke out amongst the villagers at the announcement, excited applause filling the air at the unexpected outcome. The only ones who weren't cheering with joy were the Kingdom of Science, their blood boiling with anger at the unfairness of it all.

"Damn, that dirty bastard!" Chrome cursed as he palmed his fist, brown eyes blazing with fury.

Your hands curled into tight fists at the sides of your body, your lips curling with disgust as you glared at Magma. "What a sore loser!"