16.1: A Tale For The Ages

Both you and Senku exchanged raised brows, having your suspicions confirmed upon hearing your names leaving Ruri's lips. Seeing how neither of you was surprised by the news, the blonde turned on her heels and gestured for the two of you to follow her as she led the way to the priestess' hut.

The three of you were joined by the rest of the citizens of the Kingdom of Science and as everyone gathered around, the green-haired scientist jumped straight into the matter at hand as he stared at Ruri with his trademark smirk, both hands on his hips.

"Thanks. Everything finally makes sense now." Senku leaned forward, startling the blonde at the sudden invasion of her personal space. "If everyone on the planet was petrified, who first made the village?"

"And why do you and Kohaku clearly have foreign blood in you?" You added with a small smile, (e/c) eyes roaming over their blonde hair and blue eyes that weren't native to Japanese people.

Straightening his body, your friend finished with a knowing glint in his red eyes, "All the mysteries are solved."

The rest, on the other hand, were confused by the conversation between the three of you and Kohaku spoke up, "No, sorry...None of it makes sense to me."

Chrome nodded his head in agreement as he asked, "Yeah. How does Senku happen to have the same name as the village?"

Then, realization dawned upon him as he turned to Ruri with wide eyes, "Wait, Ruri, you knew about Senku and (Name)?"

Senku let out an amused chuckle, entertained by the whole exchange while you just smiled knowingly, glancing over to the priestess with a small wink, "We probably come up in your priestess mythology, don't we?"

"Yes," Ruri answered without hesitation.

Hearing that, both Kohaku and Chrome let out surprised gasps while the rest glanced at one another with furrowed brows.

"Mythology?" The brunette questioned, "You mean like Momotaro with the gorilla and all that?"

"No wonder you people know about folk tales and giant animals you would never have seen before," The green-haired teen added with a small shrug.

"Yeah, Ruri-nee taught us about all kinds of things," Kohaku replied hesitantly, still not following along, "The stories the priestess uses to pass down knowledge to the next generation, the Hundred Tales."

"The Hundred Tales?" You questioned with a small tilt of your head, curiosity glinting in your (e/c) eyes.

Blue eyes unwavering, Ruri raised her head as she said in a quiet, serious voice, "The story my mother told me was very powerful, and very kind. The hundredth story of the Hundred Tales. Its title is...'Ishigami Senku and (Full Name)'."

[Flashback]

3rd POV

"Why do you keep following me, Moon?" A young Senku with big, red eyes that reflected the moon's silvery light, asked as he stared up into the inky, black sky.

When he received no answer, he narrowed his eyes and let out a small scoff, turning on his heels and walked away with his back to the moon – pretending to be unbothered as he pocketed his hands, whistling a random tune.

He took another step before jumping back to his original position, a scowl on his pouty lips when he realized the moon was still following him, "Even if I juke it really hard, it follows me ten billion percent of the time."

Ever since he was very young, the boy, Senku, showed interest in anything strange.

He was having a glaring competition with the moon when he was interrupted by a loud, amused cackle from behind him, "Maybe it has a crush on you, Senku."